New(To me) Dixie chopper no engine needs oil coolers

BobM53

Threads
I found a used Dixie Chopper XT3300, supposed to be 2007, that was minus the engine. The price was right and I bought it. We already have a 1998 XW2500 with a 60" deck. We put a new Generac engine on last year and planned on just swapping it over. But found a supposedly good 33 hp Generac and bought that for the '07. (Yeah the thought of TWO working 60" Dixies was a siren song. :) )
But I have run into a snag. I looked at the parts manusl and it appears that the transmissions on the XT3300 had oil coolers attached. I don't have oil coolers nor the bracket that looks to hold them (The parts book shows two.) Does anybody have these that they would part with for a reasonable amount?
Oh, and pics of where and how they mount would also help.

BobM53

Threads
  • / New(To me) Dixie chopper no engine needs oil coolers
Nothing? I drove up to Danville to the Mower Zone to get a drive belt (also missing) and hoped to take some pictures of the Dixie Choppers they normally have up there. I thought they were open until 2PM but they close at noon on Saturday. And, at a quarter till, they had all the used mowers locked away in the shed. On the display floor, they had removed all the new Dixies. The holes where they had been were very evident. When I asked if they were getting completely out of the Chopper business, I was told that they would sell me parts. Then the parts guy (new to me) added that he was one of the Dixie employees that had been terminated. (He was kinda surly about it!) I understand why AND I am sympathetic. But I had nothing to do with it!
I will go back next week when the normal people are there and see if I can't at least see a used one to see what I need to get. The people at the Mower Zone have always been great to me in the past. In fact I bought the new engine for my old mower from them.
I WAS hoping that someone on the forum could help me out, but this thread has 50 views and no replies.

Threads
Are you sure that that model came with the oil coolers ??? Some units can come with them and some not depending on what drives are on there.... For instance two models can come with a different HP rated engine and smaller drives......

I really don't see Dixie doing that like other brands but it's possible.......Have you tried Harald's Mower Junk yard yet .....

Yes I spelled it with an A LOL......... They have acres and acres of mowers......

BobM53

Threads
Where is Harald's at? Sounds like a place I need to see!
Also the parts diagram shows two oil coolers and a bracket to hold them. BUT it doesn't actually show me where it is located.
Found it! Thanks.

Threads
Harald's is in Billings, Missouri They ship also.....

Threads
I also called the local Mower junk yard in my area and he said nope those are built too good to scrap and part them out...

I knew that already.....LOL......

BobM53

Threads
I also called the local Mower junk yard in my area and he said nope those are built too good to scrap and part them out...

I knew that already.....LOL......

That's been what I have found so far! My old XW2500 is a 1998 which makes it old enough to drink! :)
That is why I was hoping to see some examples at the Mower Zone this morning. But I am 3rd shift and mornings are when I usually sleep. That's why I was so late getting up there today. Add to that the fact that the two guys working this Saturday were young guys champing at the bit to start their weekend..... Oh well I guess I can wait a couple more days. The other people up there are more my age and have more patience.