Toro electric start problem with recharging plug

hemstein

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Toro 21" Super Recycler Mower Model 20095 electric start. I put the mower on charge for winter storage. When I removed the charger from the white plub on the handle, the red and black wires that lead to the battery came out of the plug. I looked at the parts diagram, and there is a part: Harness-Wire that include the recharge plug and the plug for the Starter Switch. The rest of the Harness-Wire looks like it connects to the battery. This part costs $72.00. Is there another way of reattaching the red and black wires to the recharge plug without buying the complete harness?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hemstein

jp1961

Threads
Plugs usually come in male and female versions, which side did the wires come loose?

Are the metal connectors still attached to the wire?,,,if so you may be able to JB weld (or hot glue) them back into the plug.

Sort of hard to say without seeing a pic.

Regards

Jeff

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If I am correct, your switch has two male connectors on it. If I am remember right all you need to do is get two female connectors (careful there are two dIfferent sizes, large and small) and crimp them on to the wires, then reattach the switch.

hemstein

Forum Newbie
Threads
Jeff,

Thanks for your response. I have 2 pics (jpgs) of the plug. I've tried to attach them, but if you cannot view them, send your email and I will send them that way.

The left side of the side view pic is where you plug in the charger. The right side is where the red and black wires attach. The wires broke off or pulled out of the right end of this white plastic connector. The top view pic shows the partially crimped connectors. It looks like some of the wires are still inside the connectors. I do not see any way a person could put the wires back in the connectors as they are recessed about 1/8”. I have tried to pull the connectors out but they won’t budge. I tried to take the plug apart, but it's sealed. I also do not know which side is for the red wire and which is for the black (or does it matter?).

If you have any suggestions, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Hemstein

Toro plug side view.jpg
Toro plug top view.jpg

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
My mistake, I didn’t catch the fact that it was the charging plug. Those connectors can be removed from the plug it you have the correct tool. My suggestion is to go to your local Toro dealer and ask them if they can remove them for you or if they have any junk harnesses that you can cut the plug off and wire it into your harness. I normally have two or three laying around. Find a dealer with the oldest mechanic and you’ll solve your problem for less than $10.

shurguywutt

Threads
Find a dealer with the oldest mechanic and you’ll solve your problem for less than $10.
This goes for doctors, dentists, plumbers, electricians, and anything else you can think of. Find the old man, he knows stuff.