HRX217 oil in carb during maintenance

TonyPrin

Threads
Living in Connecticut I prepped my Honda HRX217HYA for storage some time ago. I had some time and decided to sharpen the blades instead of waiting for spring. I put the mower on it's left side and noticed a small pool of oil when I finished. The oil apparently came from the carburetor. Besides ruining the air filter, I'm wondering what may have happened to other parts.

I can add gas and run it again but would prefer avoiding that if possible.

I'd appreciate hearing back on how oil got into the carburetor and what I should do as a result to finish prepping my mower.

Thanks.

Threads
No you in good shape if it's starting and running......... The oil went to the carb cause the carb was facing down instead of up.....

At least it wasn't hydro locked ~!~!

bogdaN

Threads
Living in Connecticut I prepped my Honda HRX217HYA for storage some time ago. I had some time and decided to sharpen the blades instead of waiting for spring. I put the mower on it's left side and noticed a small pool of oil when I finished. The oil apparently came from the carburetor. Besides ruining the air filter, I'm wondering what may have happened to other parts.

I can add gas and run it again but would prefer avoiding that if possible.

I'd appreciate hearing back on how oil got into the carburetor and what I should do as a result to finish prepping my mower.

Thanks.

You said ,put the mower on left side.That is carburetor down ? in that case also U have oil in the cylinder.Now remove spark plug and pull starter few times.Let me know what U found.Dan

TonyPrin

Threads
Thanks for responding.

I added some gas and pulled the cord. For a while nothing but it finally started. Interestingly, I got one large spray of something (probably gas) out the exhaust but it's running fine.

bogdaN

Threads
Thanks for responding.

I added some gas and pulled the cord. For a while nothing but it finally started. Interestingly, I got one large spray of something (probably gas) out the exhaust but it's running fine.

Thank,s for info,Dan

Threads
Thanks for responding.

Yes you had a lil bit in the cylinder, not enough for a hydro lock, but enough to pull a few times and all of went in the muffler, then shot out when it started.........

I'm surprised it didn't flame up at the muffler.......

Thanks for the update....