Amended vintage Briggs Engine on log splitter

03marauderman

Threads
Attached are pics of Data Plate on engine....Would like to know year & horse power...also what would the the representation of the numbers. Model & serial are worn off & cannot determine.....Thanks for your interest & responses.......

Attachments

• IMG_9129.JPG
    IMG_9129.JPG
    137.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_9130.JPG
    IMG_9130.JPG
    123.1 KB · Views: 14

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Your Briggs engine was built in February of 1957 and is a 10 hp. Some say a 9 hp, but Briggs listed it as a 10. The middle set of numbers are the type, which dictated any changes (wanted by the equipment manufacturers) from the basic engine. This manual might be of some help to you. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6NaqjIxWV1yeVdtMUNaTzlpWmc/view

03marauderman

Threads
Rivets...What a wonderful piece of information.....Than you so much....What would we do without Forum's......

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Looks if Rivets got there before me...! 23A model number and the 703010 is the type number and has its been said around the 1950's, and was a good engine at its time.

Threads
Looks if Rivets got there before me...! 23A model number and the 703010 is the type number and has its been said around the 1950's, and was a good engine at its time.

Actually this is a 2nd thread he started.... I got straight on the first one he posted......

Plus Tard Mon Ami ~!~!

03marauderman

Threads
Engine Man....Good engine at the time? - 62 years later & still a good engine.....Excellent engine....Thanks for your reply......

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Engine Man....Good engine at the time? - 62 years later & still a good engine.....Excellent engine....Thanks for your reply......

Nice to see them still working out there....! no new engines will go on that long today.

03marauderman

Threads
I help a friend of mine in his small mower repair shop on occasion and I just can't believe the junk that's out there......with the latest being Chinese engines.....but I shouldn't be surprised....Thank God for China, if not, this country wouldn't have anything......

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I help a friend of mine in his small mower repair shop on occasion and I just can't believe the junk that's out there......with the latest being Chinese engines.....but I shouldn't be surprised....Thank God for China, if not, this country wouldn't have anything......

You will get on fine without China
The only people getting hurt will be the multi billionairs who own or run companies that import the rubbish to fit to their local product rather than local parts .
Fully USA made will add 10% to 50% to the price of local goods so the employers will be forced to increase wages to the level that they should be.
The massive wage disparity where a CEO will be paid more per hour than his employees are paid per year is only possible by importing cheap goods from overseas.
Without that the employees would exert proper wage pressure on the company, or even worse unionise.
Even Henry Ford realized that and his production line workers were paid 15 times what the modern Ford workers are paid ( inflation adjusted )