Greetings

Evil Spirit

Threads
Howdy - In case you're wondering, the "Evil Spirit" name come from me racing an AMC Spirit for years under the same name, and it's easier to just keep the same name on forums. I live in southern Mi between Detroit and Toledo, Ohio. I'm a 60 year old kid that repairs mowers and small equipment when I need to add frustration to my plate. I mostly stick to AYP riding mower products, since my shoulders don't enjoy pull cord starting equipment anymore. I probably buy and sell a dozen or so riders a year, usually either re-powers or hydro repairs - I try to buy any good engines or trans axles as funds and space allows. Can be a fun hobby, or an annoying side business - fortunately I'm retired and get a check whether I'm in the garage or the LazyBoy. Looking forward to trading some good info with the people here. Willie

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Howdy - In case you're wondering, the "Evil Spirit" name come from me racing an AMC Spirit for years under the same name, and it's easier to just keep the same name on forums. I live in southern Mi between Detroit and Toledo, Ohio. I'm a 60 year old kid that repairs mowers and small equipment when I need to add frustration to my plate. I mostly stick to AYP riding mower products, since my shoulders don't enjoy pull cord starting equipment anymore. I probably buy and sell a dozen or so riders a year, usually either re-powers or hydro repairs - I try to buy any good engines or trans axles as funds and space allows. Can be a fun hobby, or an annoying side business - fortunately I'm retired and get a check whether I'm in the garage or the LazyBoy. Looking forward to trading some good info with the people here. Willie

Evil Spirit Willie ..Eh ?? Sounds like you'll fit right in here YOUNG fella, Glad to see ya have Transaxle knowledge, we have a forum on this site for just that item, you might wanna take a look-see in it, please note that we do NOT charge you for YOUR info/help input, HOWEVER.. should YOU require assistance, there is a nominal fee, starting with.. the deeds to ALL your properties, titles and registrations to ALL your vehicles, ( including .. any trucks, motor-homes R-Vs, boats, yachts, jet-skis, ANY and ALL aircraft (military fighters preferred) and possibly your First-Born, any further inquiries may lead to access to ALL your bank accounts and ALL cash on hand, NOW .... Welcome Aboard Willy, we are truly glad to have new members, ( OUR funds are gettin low, (Holidays ya know) ....JUST KIDDIN Willie !! .. :laughing:..:laughing: ... WELCOME !! ..

welcome_orig.jpg ........ click to enlarge

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
Hi Willie. Welcome to the forum!

:welcome: :smile:

Evil Spirit

Threads
Glad to see ya have Transaxle knowledge, we have a forum on this site for just that item, you might wanna take a look-see in it,

View attachment 42081 ........ click to enlarge

As to my transaxle knowledge - pretty much just been R + R's or converting manual units to hydros. I haven't been any deeper into any of the units than doing fluid changes. Luckily I have a couple shops that let me have 1st crack at the trade in's and broken toys pile and I can usually pick up a loaded frame with a hydro and all the brackets pretty cheap. Right now I'm converting a 6 speed to a Hydro Gear 310-0510 style unit in my Craftsman 1000 series with a 19.5 opposed twin.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
As to my transaxle knowledge - pretty much just been R + R's or converting manual units to hydros. I haven't been any deeper into any of the units than doing fluid changes. Luckily I have a couple shops that let me have 1st crack at the trade in's and broken toys pile and I can usually pick up a loaded frame with a hydro and all the brackets pretty cheap. Right now I'm converting a 6 speed to a Hydro Gear 310-0510 style unit in my Craftsman 1000 series with a 19.5 opposed twin.

I don't think we have very many folks going into the transaxles, I believe most do the same as you, R & R them, but knowing what you can & cannot do is the secret, anyway... glad you piped in, get comfortable, and visit more often, Willie ... :thumbsup: