Vintage Briggs motor on log splitter

03marauderman

Threads
I have a vintage Briggs motor on an old home made log splitter.....I cannot get any specs on the engine with the numbers on the curved plate on the motor......The numbers are as follows: 703010....-...337185.....Would like to know year and horse power for starters....Any help is greatly appreciated......

Threads
You should have 6 numbers for the model then 4 #'s and a - then 2 more #'s for the type code.......

What are the first 6 numbers ????

Threads
A couple good pics would be great, but you might need to comment a few more times to post pics.........

03marauderman

Threads
I have the pics on my phone but cannot upload them to the forum....I will take them with my camera & post them that way......Actually I cannot even see the numbers on the plate, the only way to see them was to take a pic of them.....I tried to research the numbers and came up empty, also spoke to a knowledgeable small engine guy & he was stumped....Showing the pics is the only way to convince the numbers are accurate & correct.....Will follow up.....

Threads
I have the pics on my phone but cannot upload them to the forum....I will take them with my camera & post them that way......Actually I cannot even see the numbers on the plate, the only way to see them was to take a pic of them.....I tried to research the numbers and came up empty, also spoke to a knowledgeable small engine guy & he was stumped....Showing the pics is the only way to convince the numbers are accurate & correct.....Will follow up.....

Did he see the shroud with the numbers ???? Like I said you will have to post a few times before you can post a pic ....

You make a short You Tube vid and copy the link on here though .... Links go thru easier than pics do ...........

Let us know Mon Ami ~!~!

(Account Closed)

Threads
If you gently sand off the rust / old paint where the numbers are, it'll be considerably easier to read...

That vintage engine (PDF), per spec's on it, is 9HP @3,600 RPMs.

Neat reading it, all the adjustments you can do to it, maintenance, etc.

Last edited:

03marauderman

Threads
OK - Got the numbers on my DCIM card & will create a new posting so I can upload the pics....I just discovered a prefix number that I could not see before....that number is: 23A, followed by 703010 - 337185.....Just amazing a camera can see, what an ole fart can't !!!

(Account Closed)

Threads
OK - Got the numbers on my DCIM card & will create a new posting so I can upload the pics....I just discovered a prefix number that I could not see before....that number is: 23A, followed by 703010 - 337185.....Just amazing a camera can see, what an ole fart can't !!!

That's the same model as in post #6 above... :thumbsup: