New HRX Line

Peen

Threads
Seems like it would be with the blade engaged. There are models without the blade brake, so the blade is always spinning, and they don't spec a different RPM on those.

Thank you. Excellent point, did not think of that.

PRob39

Threads
Just bought a 2019 HRXVKA yesterday from a dealer here in southern Illinois. Price was $599. They also had a 2018 model for $550 but I went for the new one with the 200 cc engine. A very nice experience. The dealer filled it with oil, put in some gas and fired it up to make sure it ran OK. Then told me to bring it back if I ever had a problem and they would take care of it. Then loaded it into my vehicle for me. Much better the the big box store and at the same price they were asking. Haven't used it yet but it starts on first pull. Can't wait to mow some grass! Been using 2-cyle Lawnboys for the last 40 years and I love them but it just got to expensive to maintain and I'm no youngster anymore.

stygz

Threads
I have been waiting to use my new HRX for a few weeks now. In the meantime I have installed a set of deck guards as I had them on my last HRX. I think I will get along well with the new to me design of the smart drive. I did notice a little more drag going backwards moving it around in my garage compared to my old HRX. I will probably run it for the first time next weekend.

gotomow

Threads
I have been waiting to use my new HRX for a few weeks now. In the meantime I have installed a set of deck guards as I had them on my last HRX. I think I will get along well with the new to me design of the smart drive. I did notice a little more drag going backwards moving it around in my garage compared to my old HRX. I will probably run it for the first time next weekend.

I've pulled back new HRX's on the showroom floor and noticed the increased drag also. If I like my new JD tractor and my Honda becomes a trimmer then it's going off to pasture and I'm getting a Toro or some MTD brand to do my trimming. They both pull back easier than the Honda's.

cruzenmike

Threads
I've pulled back new HRX's on the showroom floor and noticed the increased drag also. If I like my new JD tractor and my Honda becomes a trimmer then it's going off to pasture and I'm getting a Toro or some MTD brand to do my trimming. They both pull back easier than the Honda's.

I do not recall my 2nd gen HRX being that difficult to pull backwards. Yes, there was always some resistance when rolling, with that clicking sounds when not running, but I didn't feel that it was difficult. I doubt that something in the new drive system (Select Drive) would make it any more difficult to push/pull so it might just be a matter of personal preference?

Sparkland

Threads
Now you guys have me second guessing my decision to upgrade from my 2015 HRX to the new 2019 HRX. IF it is more difficult to pull backwards, my wife will not be pleased.

dfwchief

Threads
Now you guys have me second guessing my decision to upgrade from my 2015 HRX to the new 2019 HRX. IF it is more difficult to pull backwards, my wife will not be pleased.

In the past 12 years I've had two Toros with personal pace, and two HRX's, the latest being the 2019 model. I also had a YBravo 25" for awhile, which was an interesting mower, but not as good as the Toro and Honda. They are both excellent mowers. If ease of pushing/pulling is important, definitely get the Toro. The model 20383 has a blade clutch like the HRX, and costs less. I go back and forth for the variety, but they are both terrific mowers. With the cable tension adjusted properly on the Toro, and rear wheels greased, it rolls very easily. I'm with the owners saying the 2019 HRX has even more rolling resistance than previous versions.

stygz

Threads
I did use the mower yesterday for the first time. May new HRX does seem to pull back harder in the garage than my old one. Actually mowing, I don’t notice it actually mowing.

Several years back I had a lawn boy platinum, same as a toro super recycler. I agree those have almost no resistance. However, depending on your grass type, there is a noticeable difference in power

gotomow

Threads

Better now to second guess than after you purchase. IMHO bearings would be way better than the bushings that they use.

Sparkland

Threads
Better now to second guess than after you purchase. IMHO bearings would be way better than the bushings that they use.
d

How long have they been using bushings on the HRX? The bad news is - I already sold my HRX217HYA on Craigslist last month.