New HRX Line

stygz

Threads
I know it is almost January but I just saw that Honda is relesing updated HRX models with a 200cc engine. I may be in the market to sell my HRX that I bought in 2013. I have been wanting the blade brake for some time. The new motor is just one more reason to upgrade. Being I am in the South, It will not be too long for the season to start.

Anyone else see the new line and is interested?

http://cdn.powerequipment.honda.com...troduces-Redesigned-HRX-Lawn-Mower-Lineup.pdf

Padroo

Threads
I didn't know they were coming out with a new model. This last fall I bought a HRX217K5VAA to replace my old Troy Built that had the 160 cc motor on it. I bought the Honda mower because the Honda engine on my old Troy Built was so dependable. I got it at the end of the season up North and only used it once to pick up some leaves which it did very well. This is my first ever self propelled mower and I am impressed. My wife does the big stuff and we now have two very capable Zero turn mowers even though we are just home owners. I trim with the Honda and a small hill side and a lot of county ditch. Knowing Honda, I am sure the new model will be an improvement and a good move for you.:thumbsup:

trekgod3

Threads
I just bought one of the new hrx217 yesterday from home depot! I'm real excited. It's my 1st self propelled mower. I've only ever used push mowers until now. It was $629 plus tax.

Last edited:

stygz

Threads
Where do you live? I was at HD a couple weeks ago and didn’t see anything the website does not show them yet. I saw a different online seller that will have them Instock mid January by HD offers me a 10% military discount. Did u unpack it yet? You must have gotten the HRX without blade brake ?

In past years Honda offfered a 6th year promo starting around March. I was probably going to hold out until then.

trekgod3

Threads
Jupiter, Florida. I had been wanting an HRX for a while and I noticed a few months ago that home depot never had any. They only had the HRR series. A few days ago I went in and saw the new HRX , I went home and did a little research and found it's actually only suppose to be released in 2019. My home depot had 3 of them plus the one on display.

Yes it's the basic HRX. No blade brake. I unpacked it last night and took it for a spin this morning. Takes a little getting use to since I've never used a self propelled before. My old mower was a 21" MTD yard machines with the 190cc Briggs and Stratton engine.

Last edited:

stygz

Threads
Very nice! I stopped by HD today and the have nothing instock. I suspect they will not have the model with the BB on it. It usually can be special ordered but I probably will not be able to get my military discount. If that is the case, I will likely order from an online dealer and save the tax.

Look into the Honda deck guards. They are $16 on amazon. I have them on my HRX and I think they have saved slot of wear.

I was thinking of listing my HRX for $200 on Craigslist in a month.

trekgod3

Threads
Very nice! I stopped by HD today and the have nothing instock. I suspect they will not have the model with the BB on it. It usually can be special ordered but I probably will not be able to get my military discount. If that is the case, I will likely order from an online dealer and save the tax.

Look into the Honda deck guards. They are $16 on amazon. I have them on my HRX and I think they have saved slot of wear.

I was thinking of listing my HRX for $200 on Craigslist in a month.

Thanks for the info!

trekgod3

Threads
Here are a few more pics of the 2019 model hrx with the 200cc engine. I just added a set of deck guards, too.20190107_140157_resized.jpg20190107_140201_resized.jpg20190107_140205_resized.jpg20190107_140212_resized.jpg20190107_140224_resized.jpg

Threads
Jupiter, Florida. I had been wanting an HRX for a while and I noticed a few months ago that home depot never had any. They only had the HRR series. A few days ago I went in and saw the new HRX , I went home and did a little research and found it's actually only suppose to be released in 2019. My home depot had 3 of them plus the one on display.

Yes it's the basic HRX. No blade brake. I unpacked it last night and took it for a spin this morning. Takes a little getting use to since I've never used a self propelled before. My old mower was a 21" MTD yard machines with the 190cc Briggs and Stratton engine.

You are in Rob Arrington's neck of the woods.