New HRX Line

de3

Threads
I've got a 2013 HRX With blade brake,its got around 400 hours,just last week i replaced the wheel bearings,I looked around and found out that a 1616 Z Bearing will work in the wheels which is way better than the factory ones,Other parts replaced are blade brake hub bearing,2 new pinion gears and re shimmed the rear drive wheels a few times and just replaced the wax actuator for the choke......

de3

Threads
Is just the 200 cc motor the only changes on the HRX

Sparkland

Threads
Is just the 200 cc motor the only changes on the HRX

The 200cc engine is the only major upgrade. Honda also made the cover of the engine more aerodynamic (smaller and sleeker). They also moved the oil fill tube a little higher up for easier access. Honda also made the fuel tank opening larger for easier access.

cruzenmike

Threads
Just picked up my 2019 HRX yesterday. I was completely torn between the Toro Super Recycler and the HRX. What helped me decide in the end was my previous experience with Honda mowers being nothing short of excellent. I decided on the VKA variant as I am not fond of the added complexities of the blade brake or hydrostatic drive. Also, the handle setup on the Select Drive is more ergonomic in my opinion. Due to an issue that I had at the Home Depot, I was able to pick it up with 10% off and 18 months no interest on my Home Depot Credit card. And because I waited until now I will qualify for the extended warranty on the mower for 6 years of coverage from Honda. I am quite certain that it will serve me well and for many years at that!

Padroo

Threads
Sounds like a lot of competition for lawn mowers.

LMAN007

Threads
The 200 cc engine is the best way to identify the 2019 model year of this new HRX, for those inquiring minds. Previously, they were outfitted with a 190 cc engine. The highest discount on the 2019 that I could find was $50.
It is now the middle of May and the best discount on the HRX217VKA is $100, from $699 to $599. Both Amazon which gets this mower from Max Tool and Home Depot have this price.

LMAN007

Threads
Just bought a 2019 HRXVKA yesterday from a dealer here in southern Illinois. Price was $599. They also had a 2018 model for $550 but I went for the new one with the 200 cc engine. A very nice experience. The dealer filled it with oil, put in some gas and fired it up to make sure it ran OK. Then told me to bring it back if I ever had a problem and they would take care of it. Then loaded it into my vehicle for me. Much better the the big box store and at the same price they were asking. Haven't used it yet but it starts on first pull. Can't wait to mow some grass! Been using 2-cyle Lawnboys for the last 40 years and I love them but it just got to expensive to maintain and I'm no youngster anymore.
Did they charge you sales tax?

LMAN007

Threads
Just picked up my 2019 HRX yesterday. I was completely torn between the Toro Super Recycler and the HRX. What helped me decide in the end was my previous experience with Honda mowers being nothing short of excellent. I decided on the VKA variant as I am not fond of the added complexities of the blade brake or hydrostatic drive. Also, the handle setup on the Select Drive is more ergonomic in my opinion. Due to an issue that I had at the Home Depot, I was able to pick it up with 10% off and 18 months no interest on my Home Depot Credit card. And because I waited until now I will qualify for the extended warranty on the mower for 6 years of coverage from Honda. I am quite certain that it will serve me well and for many years at that!

Good luck with your new honda, I am in the process of buying the exact same model as you bought. Best price so far is$589, NO tax, and free delivery.

Padroo

Threads
I bought my new 190CC version last fall and only had a chance to run it to pick up some leaves and it was put away for the winter.
Now that I have had a chance to use it I am a little disappointed. I had an old Troy Built push mower for years with a Honda motor and loved it but it was getting old and all the wheels needed to be replaced so I decided on the new Honda.
We mow about 2 1/2 acres and my wife uses one of her commercial zero turns to do the bulk of the mowing leaving a small hillside and about 900 feet of county ditch to mow. Maybe it is because I am new to self propelled mowers but it works fine for mowing a flat lawn I am sure but that is not what I am using it for.
My biggest complaint is the drive system, as the bag gets heavier it slows down to a creep especially going up a hill. Using it without the bag and mulching it doesn't change speed as much but being a heavy machine the speed is not consistent.
It uses a slipping belt for the drive and before I bought it I thought that doesn't sound like it would work right but it's a Honda. I still have to muscle it around on the hillside and being heavier than the old Troy Built I wish I would have gotten another light push mower with a Honda motor.