2019 Raptor SD Deck Changes

GAP338

Forum Newbie
Threads
Does anyone know exactly what changes are being made to the Raptor SD deck for 2019? I know its supposed to be a more open discharge but have they changed anything else? Is it essentially the deck from the Raptor SDX? Wondering if there are any other major changes from 2018 also.

Thank you!

Jarrod

mhavanti

Threads
All they did was remove the enforcement bar across the lower discharge chute opening, then added an enforcement bar over the top exactly like the retro enforcement bar for the 2013-2018 add on over the top enforcement bar.

Find you a 2018 back, cut down the enforcement bar to 3/8" so that you have some safety for feet, etc. if you happen to have the blades engaged with the discharge chute open. I do NOT like the safety issue caused by removing the bar at the bottom as long as that huge grass catcher scallop still exists. The factory was supposed to remove that scallop for '19. They went the cheap route and left it.

I figure the first person to have their foot mangled or removed by a blade tip will end up owning the manufacturer due to their knowledge of the dangers and continued to manufacture the deck with such a huge foot trap.

Anyhow, that is the deck change. You can disregard my editorial.

Max

GAP338

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you Max. I actually just bought a 2019 Raptor SD with the new “open deck”. I decided I didn’t want to modify the older style deck and lose warranty.

mhavanti

Threads
That's just the thing, you wouldn't have lost your warranty.

Enjoy that rascal and don't mow with the discharge chute up. lol

John Fitzgerald

Threads
That's just the thing, you wouldn't have lost your warranty.

Enjoy that rascal and don't mow with the discharge chute up. lol

That's why I really like my RD. No chutes to mess with. Solid deck on both sides.

mhavanti

Threads
John,

Going to explain RD to him. Rear Discharge. Great idea as they seem to work very well.

Max