MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
This is for anyone trying to rebuild a MTD transaxle. The original thread for this project has been relocated to the "Front Porch" for open discussions as it wander off topic somewhat over the months.. However!! If you are trying to rebuild an MTD transaxle, the first eight pages of the original thread (Now titled: "The Daily Yardman Thread" may be of use to you. Those non-sealed transaxles have specific lubrication requirements and the factory spec'd lubes are very expensive. A number of different choices were explored and then I discovered John Deere Corn Head Grease. It is inexpensive, liquifies in use and solidifies when static. Review the first part of this thread if you need assistance with a MTD transaxle rebuild. Then pose any additional questions on the proper forum. There are plenty of contributors on here who will help you.

There is no reason to read the half-million posts on the old original thread - (unless you are eclectic like those who post there!) Just the first 8 or 10 pages should be all you need for ideas on transaxle repairs.

Best of luck!

Roger B

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
Does this mean we shouldn't go off script-q.v.-and post pictures of semi-clothed women here??

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Does this mean we shouldn't go off script-q.v.-and post pictures of semi-clothed women here??

Ron,

That is correct.. We have been relegated to the Front Porch where our lengthy, off-topic, off-color, off-shore conversations should have been in the first place..

I'll see you there.. BTW - I'll be the one in the split cane rocker with a very large glass of sweet tea and lemon in my hand..

Rog

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ron,

That is correct.. We have been relegated to the Front Porch where our lengthy, off-topic, off-color, off-shore conversations should have been in the first place..

I'll see you there.. BTW - I'll be the one in the split cane rocker with a very large glass of sweet tea and lemon in my hand..

Rog

I totally understood the reason for the move.

I was just askin'...................