Help!!! Kohler Command 20 Running Rough

abeckler

Forum Newbie
Threads
Runs the same on low idle and high idle/under load. Does not seem to have a loss of power. Generator produces power, and am able to weld off of it, just generally sounds like crap and sounds like it’s missing. And both plugs are carbon fouled even though there seems to only be one affected cylinder. I did not use an ultrasonic cleaner. So I may have to remove the carb again and try that...

abeckler

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey just wanted to thank everyone for their input! I finally got it figured out today and it’s running great now! It ended up being the carb. I guess me cleaning it the first time didn’t fully get the job done. I ended up going and getting the ultrasonic cleaner from harbor freight and drilling out the cap over the idle fuel adjustment needle and the needle was all gummed up. So I cleaned it and put it back together and it’s a world of a difference!

Threads
Well I am sure glad you got it fixed with just a lil cost to you....... Like I said before that US cleaner is not a waste of money, you can use that thing for many things ....

I always think when someone says on here that they cleaned the carb, IT'S NOT cleaned all the way.... Did you get the one I suggested ????

If you are married you can clean your wife jewelry with it and then you won't be in the dog house LOL .......... Just clean the unit and use fresh fluid .............

Plus Tard Mon Ami.........

Threads
Thanks for info on drilling the cap out for the low speed jet, I forgot about that one ........... All the newer carb EPA crap has hidden ports and I forgot about that one .........

I will make a note of it in my diagnostic books ........

Plus Tard Mon Ami ~!~!

abeckler

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yeah I ended up getting the one you recommended, I feel like more and more now a days Harbor Freight is coming out with some not so crappy stuff for still a decent price. By no means would I call them “quality” but more and more I’m getting stuff that lasts me more than 2-3 uses ? and yes I will definitely put the US cleaner to work, and lucky enough for me, my fiancé doesn’t wear all that much jewelry. But I’m sure she’ll find other stuff for me to use it for. I’m just glad I’m not charging myself labor, because just trying to diagnose the problem on this thing I picked up for $900 which I thought was a steal I have about 10 hours in labor into it.. and it’s not even making me money yet lol. I think I’ll stick to diesels as much as I can from now on. And no problem, just remember to stay on center with the drill bit if you have to drill it out because the edges are thicker and I almost nicked the needle that screws in, don’t want to mess that up even though they’re fairly cheap to replace. And don’t lose the spring when you take it apart and clean because that spring is pretty small!