Walk behind Craftsman 37299 21" 132cc Push Mower won't start.

Padroo

Threads
Small claims court is another option.

When you say stale gas, how stale was it?

Threads
Sears store closest to me closed a few weeks ago. Went downtown to the one I picked up mower from. Shelves were empty or gone, closing in a few days. Did talk to manager, and she said she would exchange if she had one, but obviously lawn mower dept was an empty floor. She said I would have to go to the nearest store not privately owned, which is about 60 miles away. So guess I will. I suppose the drive shaft on this mower is probably damaged? The wrong blade vibration apparently caused the 1/4" steel in the blade mount to bust off. Did get the new blade from UPS today, but not sure if I even want to try to start it with the broken mount. Appears likely the best they would likely do is an exchange for same mower. Called their parts site about a new blade mount, and they told me "that is not a warranteed part".

No Don the out of adjustment blade didn't cause the blade boss to break ..... Someone hit something very hard and caused that .... Hence the reason for the return as a floor model ..... Yes a 60 mile trip is worth it and push for the Poulan with the Briggs engine ....... Even if you have to throw in a few extra bucks.......

Plus Tard Mon Ami ~!~!

donnieu

Threads
Small claims court is another option.
When you say stale gas, how stale was it?
Got a new Sears 5 gallon plastic gas can. Was mowing .45 acre lot every week. Now, I'm not sure if gas was the problem. Might have just been the disconnected primer hose only.

donnieu

Threads
No Don the out of adjustment blade didn't cause the blade boss to break ..... Someone hit something very hard and caused that ....

Yes a 60 mile trip is worth it and push for the Poulan with the Briggs engine ....... Even if you have to throw in a few extra bucks.......
Plus Tard Mon Ami ~!~!

Checking the blade, I just see one very small nick in the blade edge.
It was very easy for her to say she would exchange when there was nothing left to exchange with. Not sure if I drive 60 miles, that the next manager will even take an exchange. They might tell me to have repair shop examine it first. The Poulan is one of those web purchase items that they don't stock, but sell through internet like Walmart does. They would probably much prefer to exchange their Craftsman if anything.

(Account Closed)

Threads
Checking the blade, I just see one very small nick in the blade edge.
It was very easy for her to say she would exchange when there was nothing left to exchange with. Not sure if I drive 60 miles, that the next manager will even take an exchange. They might tell me to have repair shop examine it first. The Poulan is one of those web purchase items that they don't stock, but sell through internet like Walmart does. They would probably much prefer to exchange their Craftsman if anything.

Decision time, just stick to NO Chinese knock offs...

Stop by the shop, see what they say. I suspect they'll agree with you and NOT want to touch it. Easy peezy now...

*You know once your done with the machine in a couple years, you can sell it and get a good part of your $ back (should you take care of the new machine)..

I see POS small push mowers down here for $40-50 that need work, ????