Push mower oil leak Briggs

rwomack

Threads
Don’t know the model or HP. Regardless, finding a lot of oil bottom side of the gas tank and all around the carb. Any ideas?

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
You need to find the model numbers or put up a pic.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sure it's not gas ? mine did that @ about 10 yrs old, & it was the carb needed re-tightened, & I used blue Loc-Tite.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Even without numbers a couple of things come to mind quickly. First check your oil level and also smell it. If it smells like gas and is over the full mark, you have a problem with your carb. If it is at the full mark and no smell, we can mark that off as a problem. Has this just shown up recently or slowly getting worse? May be just a slow accumulation of dirt. There are numbers on the shroud, so start wiping and report back when you find them.

rwomack

Threads
Even without numbers a couple of things come to mind quickly. First check your oil level and also smell it. If it smells like gas and is over the full mark, you have a problem with your carb. If it is at the full mark and no smell, we can mark that off as a problem. Has this just shown up recently or slowly getting worse? May be just a slow accumulation of dirt. There are numbers on the shroud, so start wiping and report back when you find them.

Thank you! Looks like it’s a model 92502

Threads
You Have a 3.5 HP engine ..... Some of the best ones that they don't make anymore......... Yep that's gas and dirt on there....

Also that lil L shaped boot from the carb to the vent tube is cracked more than likely ........ I keep those in stock in my big shop and my small shop at my house ..........

The diaphragm kits for those are cheap also ...... If even one or two of those phillips screws are loose it will leak gas and cause that also......... Also it will run bad if it's leaking air ............

Those engines are cheap to rebuild and get another 10 years out of them ~!~!

Plus Tard Mon Ami ~!~!

rwomack

Threads
You Have a 3.5 HP engine ..... Some of the best ones that they don't make anymore......... Yep that's gas and dirt on there....

Also that lil L shaped boot from the carb to the vent tube is cracked more than likely ........ I keep those in stock in my big shop and my small shop at my house ..........

The diaphragm kits for those are cheap also ...... If even one or two of those phillips screws are loose it will leak gas and cause that also......... Also it will run bad if it's leaking air ............

Those engines are cheap to rebuild and get another 10 years out of them ~!~!

Plus Tard Mon Ami ~!~!

Thank you and Merry Christmas. Ok, so I’ve dug a little deeper. I have oil coming out from underneath of the engine and onto the base of the mower. Crankshaft seal? Other?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Clean the area where the dipstick tube enters the block. Not uncommon for this seal and/or gasket to become brittle and leak.

rwomack

Threads
Clean the area where the dipstick tube enters the block. Not uncommon for this seal and/or gasket to become brittle and leak.

Roger that. Here are some pics where most of the oil was found. Also, how in the heck do you remove the crank seal?

Attachments

• D6C27FB0-28A8-4117-8A47-FB57503BCD27.jpg
    D6C27FB0-28A8-4117-8A47-FB57503BCD27.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 33
  • 748CD4A4-6324-4997-80CC-6A643AA7A1C6.jpg
    748CD4A4-6324-4997-80CC-6A643AA7A1C6.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 26
Threads
Rivets has good thought on that also .....

It could be your sump gasket AKA crankcover oil pan....... If it was the seal it wouldn't creep up and over the top of the deck.... Clean it well then check after a while of running and see where it's coming from ......

Like I said before I do those small engines all the time.... I have 3 to do in the future.... I have the overhaul kits here in stock......

They are easy to work on ....

Let us know Mon Ami ~!~!