Welcome to the Murray Forum -- Check in Here First!

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
GREETINGS to all Murray equipment owners!

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your Murray power tools (that is, if your mower has a name). Maybe attach a photo or two of your equipment.

Also, if you haven't done so already, you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Murray owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it.

We want to make this the best resource for Murray owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Murray stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
well....heres another one!......$100......its a NOMA MURRAY....havent figured out the year yet...but all that was wrong was the idler pulley lost a nut and fell off....no problem....its got the Peerless 6sp...16hp Tecumseh Enduro.....and brand new tires all around...[they still have the hairs on them].....everything works great now....the hood has some cracks...but its a runner

Attachments

• IMG_1043[1].jpg
    IMG_1043[1].jpg
    235.5 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1044[1].jpg
    IMG_1044[1].jpg
    263.6 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1045[1].jpg
    IMG_1045[1].jpg
    283.8 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1046[1].jpg
    IMG_1046[1].jpg
    229.4 KB · Views: 37

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
ok..the year is 1996...between Murray and Tecumseh numbers system....i thought id never figure it out :laughing:

Dangeroustoys56

Threads
  • / Welcome to the Murray Forum -- Check in Here First!
I have a handful of murrays, only oddball is my 90 murray :

Has the rear opening hood setup - when i first got it , i had no idea what the box on the front was for, almost threw it out actually.

It came with a rear bagger hangar, but no bag setup - i actually found the bagger setup at a Restore for $10, minus the bags.

Im just curious on how rare the water boxes are , most ive seen use either front wheel weights or a weight on the front axle.

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
ive never seen one for a Murray...but you really dont need weights for a little guy like that...whats the engine?

Dangeroustoys56

Threads
12HP flathead briggs - i think its a 38" deck ( cant remember :eek:) - sorry for the fuzzy pic , camera was on long distance shot, not close up.

Ive never had any water in it actually , could probably even put sand in it ( plentiful down here in the south), my dad has a 88 MTD that has a factory bagger and front wheel weights - that also has a 12HP briggs.

None of my other bagger MTD tractors have weights, altho the PO's couldve removed them.

I picked up a ZTR husquavara twin bagger setup from Lowes ( price was right- $30) even tho i dont own one - that came with a 20lb front axle weight - thatll get mounted to one of my other tractors.

fluidray

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi,

I just purchased a 1999 or 2000 yard machine (first two engine code numbers are 99). 17 hp Briggs twin with 42" mower deck. The id tag is gone from under the seat. It has a couple of problems, the engine starts but idles up and down/surges. The blade belt is broke and one of the variable transmission belts is broke. I am hoping to id belts w/o having the id. I have the broken blade belt but it is shredded.

kyle3194

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey all! I've posted here before, and just now got the ol Murray finally running! Took a lot of time, but im more than happy with the result... She's a worker, not a shower lol. Ill post a video on here from youtube with all the steps i have taken. Umm i still need a couple things for her, new starter, maybe fiber-glassing a hood. Also i have a buddy that has an old stack that i may put into the exhaust system. Let me know what you guys think of her.

Video

photo.JPG

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
those twins are great engines!....and youve got one of the big [best] Murrays....also Murray is now back in business after 3 years:thumbsup:

chad22

Threads
those twins are great engines!....and youve got one of the big [best] Murrays....also Murray is now back in business after 3 years:thumbsup:

Yep there good engines. I got one on my home made excavator now. I do need to rebuild the carb sometime though. But other then a little flooding now and then. It runs great.

I got the hydraulic pump driven off a belt now. Gonna have to get me another camera and post pics and an updated video of the excavator in the build it yourself forum.

Chad