WHAT DO I HAVE, YEAR? AND WHAT DID IT COME OFF OF!

4getgto

Threads
Looks Like the carb is loose......

The coil is under the flywheel so that would be a giveaway on it being a 60's or 70's It has points....

Now if someone can remember when they had one they will chime in.....
Didn't even take notice the nuts to the carb aren't there...
No wonder it tilts...! :laughing:

Threads
Bore is 2.625 and Stroke is 2.50. Head is marked 4F4-0-43

How bad is the cylinder scored ?????? Put a magnet in it and see if it sticks.......... If it's cast iron you can hone it to get the small scratches out and re ring it..........

Let us know Mon Ami ~!~!

workonwood

Threads
She be Aluminium block, I thinks its a H60.

SidecarFlip

Threads
Whatever it is, it's probably an oil burner like most Tecumseh motors.

Threads
Bore is 2.625 and Stroke is 2.50. Head is marked 4F4-0-43

Yes you do have a 6 HP engine with a 2 5/8 bore and a 2 1/2 inch stroke..... The 5 HP is the same bore but the stroke is 2 1/4 inch.........

workonwood

Threads
Bore could be honed, but the block is toast. Its been welded, looking for another on Evilbay now. So if the H50 and H60 blocks are the same , did the H50 have a shorter stroke and a taller piston? What about the HH60, cast iron with bearings on the crank and cam?? Pro's and con's?? BTW, you guys are awesome!! Thx for the info!

Threads
Bore could be honed, but the block is toast. Its been welded, looking for another on Evilbay now. So if the H50 and H60 blocks are the same , did the H50 have a shorter stroke and a taller piston? What about the HH60, cast iron with bearings on the crank and cam?? Pro's and con's?? BTW, you guys are awesome!! Thx for the info!

If a true blue welder did the block, then it's stable ...... There are certain things cannot be welded on a small engine, such as a sump cover to the block..... Nope it warps and gets schitt out of line......

There is a lawn mower junk yard in my area and I need to go and see about a few other parts also... So I'll keep an eye out for a Tech like yours .........

workonwood

Threads
Thanks, I have my Eye on a H50 and H60 block on Ebay right now!

Threads
I don't know if the the 50 and 60 are the same exact block ........ I do know the stroke is longer, so the crankshaft will not be the same.... Usually the block will have the crank hole in a different position for the longer stroke on some or most engines .........

Don't quote me on this though.......... Different brand names have different specs on their engines ~!~!