Tires Flat tire

PT260

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Gravely Pro-Turn 260. I bought it used. One of the front tires goes flat over the course of a week. I have to refill it each time I use it. I was wondering if these can be repaired or should I just get a new tire? And, are they very hard to change out. Thanks.

John Fitzgerald

Threads
I have a Gravely Pro-Turn 260. I bought it used. One of the front tires goes flat over the course of a week. I have to refill it each time I use it. I was wondering if these can be repaired or should I just get a new tire? And, are they very hard to change out. Thanks.

I would get a bottle of green tire slime and fill it according to the directions on the bottle pertaining to the size of the tire. Probably 8 to 16 ounces would be in the correct range.

They can also be repaired with an inside patch, or adding a tube, but for slow leaks, I always go with the tire slime, and it is usually a permanent fix.

PT260

Forum Newbie
Threads
I would get a bottle of green tire slime and fill it according to the directions on the bottle pertaining to the size of the tire. Probably 8 to 16 ounces would be in the correct range.

They can also be repaired with an inside patch, or adding a tube, but for slow leaks, I always go with the tire slime, and it is usually a permanent fix.

Thanks. I'll give it a try.

tbzep

Threads
I've had valve stems crack and produce slow leaks like that. Check it with soapy water as said above. The stem is easy to replace. Remove wheel and cut off the valve stem. Break down the bead on one side and remove the base of the stem. Squirt some tire bead lube, antifreeze, soapy water, or Windex on the new stem to lube it. Pull it through using a little tool that screws on the stem. Don't use pliers.

DuginKS

Forum Newbie
Threads
I had the same problem and thought about the slime or some other stop leak. I found the low price and easy solution was to install Slime brand tubes with the sealant in them . The tubes seem to be a heavy weight rubber with the slime already in them for just a bit more money than the sealant cost bu itself. My local WalMart installed them for 5 dollars each.