Repairs Sensor problem

piggypete

Forum Newbie
Threads
G'day from Australia.
I have a 2008 Walker MTGHS 23hp Kohler 97249 Serial No.
It is a 48" cut with a power dump catcher and blower system.
I'm trying to locate a fault in a sensor.
When I lift the lever to engage the deck and catcher systems, all goes well until the lever travels the very last bit of its travel to lock "In", and just then, a sensor shuts the mower down.
The power from the sensor also controls the grass spreader and the "Full" siren inside the catcher. Both the spreader and siren will work very briefly as the lever gets to the end of the travel - so the spreader motor and the siren do work - they are being starved of power by a censor relating to that engage lever.
Cheers
Carty

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
AFAIK there is no sensor for the end of travel of the dump ram.
The few I have worked on just have a slipping clutch on the ram motor.
So have a very close look at the wiring where it passes the air filter and see if it is getting pinched or has a worn through patch
While I really like Walkers the positioning of the wiring does leave a little to be desired.

Globi

Threads
Hi Piggypete,
Have you found a fix yet? Maybe it's the safety switch at the bottom of the clutch lever near the battery (where it is on my old Walker anyway) that needs adjusting? Maybe you can try to operate it manually with a screw driver to see in what position the grass spreader works (or not) ?