Chainsaw sharpener

Threads
I have been using the perfred brand 2-1 on my pole saw. Works better than a straight file in this beginners hands. I bought a new chain but now the original chain cuts better than new.

Yes Pfered makes the the Stihl 2 in 1 according to my research on World Wide Web ..... The Stihl 2 in 1 is available at the dealerships for 35 bux..... A lot cheaper than all of the Amazon and Ebay prices.... So what about free shipping on a 50 price... That's the catch on that Flea Bay stuff......

Tj if you brought a used and abused chain back to life, better than than a new one then that's great...... I agree that those sharpeners are good quality stuff and a lot easier to use than an electric model.........

Plus Tard Mon Ami ~!~!

Threads
Ok back to Synthia and the original post ..... I know there has great advice put on here, and all of it is great advice.......

We have a electric model in our shop, I am not going to say a brand name ............It is a good one though.... We find that the set up and / or setting angles just right for different chains is just not worth it when we can just use the Stihl 2 in 1 sharpeners....... 35 bux each for the different chains is worth it .....

The only one we don't have is the 404 ............. That is not a common chain down here ..... Files are cheap to replace for the 2 in 1 type and we get the boxes at wholesale price ........

Ok Synthia what do you think about the advice so far ?????

stevemacre1

Forum Newbie
Threads
I need to buy a chainsaw sharpener which should be easy to use and more consistent. I read a post where I found two types of chainsaw sharpener oregon 511 and timber tuff cs bwm. Please suggest the best one out of these.

Hey synthia i would like you to go for these two options Oregon 410-120 and CO-Z Electric as i have used both of them and they're quite good but i like oregon 511 as it has a very well new designed also i have read this post https://www.consumersbase.com/best-chainsaw-sharpener/ and found it very helpful and interesting so thought of sharing with you so that you may get some help from it.

florenceccollinsc

Forum Newbie
Threads
Stihl 2 IN 1 EASY FILE CHAINSAW CHAIN Absolutely perfect. Has lines etched that you line up with the bar to keep the right angle. Find your tooth with the most damage and count how many strokes you use to get it sharp. Then use the same number of strokes on the rest of the teeth. Files your depth gauge at the same time to the right depth so you get the perfect cut with your chain. Takes only a minute to get used to the motion. And it fits nicely in the case with My Stihl MS271 so I will always have it.
51hARKB4fVL._SL1500_.jpg

If you don't know which file set you need then you need to look at the stamping on the bar of your saw and see what chain you use. its probably a .325

Last edited:

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
A Oregon file....!
^^ This.

That's all I've ever used and take them with me in the case with the saw. I'm not a heavy-duty chainsaw user but I know people who are and they do the same thing. 5/32" round file.