Kohler Engine CV 13 woes....

christophert

Threads
We have an older Craftsman Riding Mower in our shop that came in with a CV 16.5 Kohler engine that had blown up. I couldn't find one of those but I did find a CV 13 that checked out good so I bought it. After a BIG headache with multiple wiring issues we got the mower running. Now, we thought we finally had it running good, we thought we could get it out of the shop. But, when we were testing (it was running fine) it just shut off. It is still firing, has fuel, but it will not start. I checked the compression and it has dropped to 70lbs.....so my question, any ideas what is up on this cursed Craftsman???????:confused2::confused2::confused2:

(Account Closed)

Threads
I'd do a leak down test and see what's leaking...

If it has a compression release, loosen the valves so their closed fully and check that way...

It's not starting due to the low compression..

christophert

Threads
I'd do a leak down test and see what's leaking...

If it has a compression release, loosen the valves so their closed fully and check that way...

It's not starting due to the low compression..

Ok, I'll try that. It'll run till it starts to warm up then it dies. Then it does nothing. The engine had good compression when it arrived in the shop and even through the sorting out all the electrical issues we had with it. Then, now that we are in sight of the finish line, the light at the end of the tunnel turned into a train! Thanks for the help.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Blown head gasket?