Stihl FS 44 Trimmer Problems

HellRaiser

Forum Newbie
Threads
I was given an older Stihl FS44 string trimmer. The primer bulb was broken, so I replaced it. The trimmer starts and runs, but there are a couple of problems:

It seems like the engine is running full power all the time. The trigger for the throttle doesn't seem to do anything.

The engine does not shut off when I turn the switch to OFF. The engine will die eventually if I set the carb to choke, but this does not seem like the best way to shut the machine down.

Any ideas of what to look at to fix these problems?

Threads
I was given an older Stihl FS44 string trimmer. The primer bulb was broken, so I replaced it. The trimmer starts and runs, but there are a couple of problems:

It seems like the engine is running full power all the time. The trigger for the throttle doesn't seem to do anything.

The engine does not shut off when I turn the switch to OFF. The engine will die eventually if I set the carb to choke, but this does not seem like the best way to shut the machine down.

Any ideas of what to look at to fix these problems?

Look at the linkage where it hooks to the carb.... When you press on the trigger it should move.... If it doesn't then hold the trigger and move the carb throttle with your hand and see if it moves...... If it does then the cable isn't stuck ...... You might have a spring issue inside the throttle handle... But we don't know that yet .......

Let us know Mon Ami ~!~!