Swapping Transmission from LA105 to L100?

Brickman

Forum Newbie
Threads
My John Deere LA105 transmission went... ummm lost itself :)

A new Dana / spicer AM134770 is over $400! I only use it to haul garden stuff around the yard as the previous owner let the deck rot, etc long story. The frame and engine is in excellent condition and don't want to scrap it.

I can find a few on eBay that looks exactly like my transmission, but the brake is on the wrong side. But on both mowers the brake pedal is on the drivers left side and I found that the brake link has a bend in it for the L100 series unlike the straight ones on the LA105.

My idea was to get a L100 transmission and L100 brake linkage and it should fit fine on the LA105 frame?

This one for the L100 looks different that

https://www.ebay.com/itm/John-Deere...h=item43fd892a38:g:-6kAAOSwLEtYkg3T:rk:8:pf:0

this one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/John-Deere...h=item25af903924:g:6r4AAOSwT5tWKiPv:rk:4:pf:0

which looks similar to the LA105. Anyone with a L100 manual transmission mower can confirm that the brake link is bent?

Or I could skip the whole entire brake assembly :tongue:

Last edited:
Threads
Where are you at in Louisiana ???? There is a mower junkyard about 10 miles from me .......

Let me know Mon Ami ~!~!

Brickman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Where are you at in Louisiana ???? There is a mower junkyard about 10 miles from me .......

Let me know Mon Ami ~!~!

Little bit south of New Orleans.

I found one for the L100 on eBay for little over $200, the seller says it works and has free returns so I'll try that.

Threads
Little bit south of New Orleans.

I found one for the L100 on eBay for little over $200, the seller says it works and has free returns so I'll try that.

Yes if it works on your mower then that seems like good deal... Even if the brakes don't match up..... You must be around Lafitte or even more south around Buras and Port Sulpher.... I got coozans over there...........

Let me know Mon Ami ~!~!