JOHN DEERE 345

JBARRY2700

Forum Newbie
Threads
I AM WORKING ON A JOHN DEERE 345 AND THE UNIT DOESNT HAVE AN SPARK. I HAVE CHECKED THE PULSE COILS FOR RESISTANC AND THEY FELL INSIDE TRHE PARAMETERS, THE COILS AS WELL AND THE IGNITER ALL PAST THERE TEST. THIS UNIT HAS A COMPUTER BOARD ON IT IS THIS WERE I AM LOOSING MY SPARK.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I AM WORKING ON A JOHN DEERE 345 AND THE UNIT DOESNT HAVE AN SPARK. I HAVE CHECKED THE PULSE COILS FOR RESISTANC AND THEY FELL INSIDE TRHE PARAMETERS, THE COILS AS WELL AND THE IGNITER ALL PAST THERE TEST. THIS UNIT HAS A COMPUTER BOARD ON IT IS THIS WERE I AM LOOSING MY SPARK.

:welcome:

So you have checked to coils and they are OK.
Does hat mean you have the JD Technical manual and are confused or you got values off the web somewhere ?
The only parts on the "computer board" that can give you grief are plain old relays that provide ground to the delay module which in turn provides the voltage to the coils themselves.

JBARRY2700

Forum Newbie
Threads
I GOT THEM FROM A KAWASAKI WORKSHOP MANUAL FOR THAT MODEL

QuantumRift

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just read this for the first time: More than likely the ignition board is good...but there is a component called a 'Time Delay Module' that can go bad....it is connected to the seat sensor and it has a 15 or 20 sec delay so as not to kill the engine immediately if you bump up off the seat while mowing. IT's a plug in device, not very big - and it's in the harness there under the battery or behind the battery. I think when I replaced mine a few years ago it was about $25. Also, I bypassed the seat-sensor and just hard wired the plug. Remove it from the seat switch (under the seat) and insert a paper clip between the contacts. Takes care of problems. BUT the Time Delay Module is part of the ignition circuit and if it fails, NO SPARK.

I have JD SN above 700001,
Part NumberAM128906
Qty Req1
RemarksMARKED FD611V; SUB FOR AM118859; Off Time Delay

Here's the video how to replace it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmsL7gbicxw

QuantumRift