lawn boy date information

viperv10

Threads
Has anyone else noticed that on the shoplawnboy,com site and on the Lawn Boy Master Parts lookup page that they don't give the date of manufacturing anymore ? That is where I always found the dates of all my mowers. By clicking on the product details tab or the specifications tab, it told the date on most models.
Now that has been deleted from these charts. It's easy to tell the year of a dura force by the serial no. but most mowers I could only guess what time period they were from. How do the rest of you guys figure out when a lawn boy was made?
Jerry

Lawnboy77

Threads
Partstree.com still shows the years of production. I just checked with them and for example I looked up a common model number that I have, a model 5024, and it had all the years of production still listed. Here is the link below.

https://www.partstree.com/parts/lawn-boy/mowers-walk-behind-lawn-mower/?pageNumber=3

If you are looking up an old OMC Lawnboy model number (prior to 1988) you can go to the link below. It's a model cross-reference chart that also gives the years of production. Those charts listed in the Toro site are full of good info. Hopefully Toro doesn't get rid of all that information. I have a feeling though as these machines get really scarce all this info is going to disappear. Might not be a bad idea to make binders and print hardcopies of all this stuff.

https://lookup3.toro.com/ttcGateway/Acrobat/manuals/lball61.pdf

viperv10

Threads
Thank you very much for the info. I don't use parts tree very often but I kind of remember seeing those lists. I also have seen the pages on the toro sight but I forgot about it and wouldn't know how to find it anyway.
I just picked up a 1998 dura force model 10525 this past weekend on facebook marketplace. I've never owned a dura force before, but have worked on a couple. Someone took very good care of it. It is clean and runs good. All 3 speeds work and started on 1 pull. Everything seems to be adjusted right. Can't wait till spring to give it a good workout.
Thanks again.
Jerry

bogdaN

Threads
I have some lawnboys books,here pic,s001.JPG

Attachments

• lawnboy 001.JPG
    lawnboy 001.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 2
  • books 001.JPG
    books 001.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 1