Husq. YTH22v46 deck question

JBtheRad

Forum Newbie
Threads
My belt has been jumping off and getting chopped up.
I replaced the two outside pullys (star heads were wearing out anyway) and the double belt keeper on the pully that swings and breaks. One arm was bent on that.

While I was replacing the belt keeper I noticed the pully that is attached to the welded bracket isn't perfectly level. Before I try a new belt again can anyone confirm or deny it's supposed to look like this?

Attachments

• 20181209_095211.png
    20181209_095211.png
    917.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 20181209_095245.jpg
    20181209_095245.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 14

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
belts are funny things.
But just like our car on a curved road they will tend to run up a slope.
So if your pulleys are not square the belt will run off.
In the case of the idlers the belt will run hard against the top flange and eventually flip over then self destruct.
I always find this funny as they will happily run when the pulleys are out of line, which will happen at all but one height settings but will not tolerate much in the way of vertical misalignment.

deminin

Threads
My belt has been jumping off and getting chopped up.
I replaced the two outside pullys (star heads were wearing out anyway) and the double belt keeper on the pully that swings and breaks. One arm was bent on that.

While I was replacing the belt keeper I noticed the pully that is attached to the welded bracket isn't perfectly level. Before I try a new belt again can anyone confirm or deny it's supposed to look like this?

I had a similar problem on my Husq, earlier this year....chewing up belts. The idler pulley you show was loose and wobbly on my deck, and the bolt that holds it in place only has 3 or 4 threads screwed into the welded bracket. I replaced that bolt with a slightly longer one, and anchored it in place with a locknut, under the welded bracket. After that, I mowed the rest of the Summer with no further troubles.

JBtheRad

Forum Newbie
Threads
I had a similar problem on my Husq, earlier this year....chewing up belts. The idler pulley you show was loose and wobbly on my deck, and the bolt that holds it in place only has 3 or 4 threads screwed into the welded bracket. I replaced that bolt with a slightly longer one, and anchored it in place with a locknut, under the welded bracket. After that, I mowed the rest of the Summer with no further troubles.

Ok, I did tighten it cause I noticed it was slightly loose. I'm going to try your idea though!

Thanks for help

(Account Closed)

Threads
I was looking at reviews on several 42" Husky Zero Turn mowers (from Lowes).

There were MANY reviews of belt issues, pre-mature wear on probably half of the postings...

I really liked the machine, set up, design, but this potential issue, ahhh…

BTW, about two weeks ago, I had to change out (actually install, the original-low hours-was gone/worn out) belt on a standard 48" Husky rider. I didn't see anything unusual and all pulleys, idlers, etc, appeared fine...