Repairs Parts availability

diverdon

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am considering both a Husqvarna and a Cub Cadet riding mower. I am concerned about parts availability. My current tractor is a Craftsman, and parts are readily available (just needed too many). What has been your experience with Husqvarna parts availability?

Threads
Well it depends on what models you have and how old they are............

Most Husky and Cubby parts can be found at Pro Parts Direct.net ........ The engines on them vary so that is a different thing altogether.....

I recommend Pro Parts Direct .net because they have almost every part you need for mowers and engines in stock..... They aren't the middle man as a online store they have a true blue store and ship for a reasonable price....

Ed or Frank and a few others answer the phone most of the time..... Not a computer message going from here to there and pressing buttons.....

Also they will ship you a catalog if you want one............. Tell em Boudreaux in South Louisiana sent ya........

Plus Tard Mon Ami ~!~!

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi and welcome to the forum!

I've never had any real problems with parts availability for my Husqvarna handheld equipment (chain saws, trimmers and a backpack blower) over the last 20 years. I don't know if that would apply to their mowers too but I would expect so. I did recently have to wait a week or two for a recoil assembly for one of my trimmers, but usually I get parts that that my dealer doesn't stock within a few days. Not sure if the ball got dropped by my dealer and they didn't order it right away or if it was back-ordered or what, but that was a rare exception.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Husqvarna made lots of Mowers for Craftsman. Chances are your Craftsman is a Husqvarna.

deminin

Threads
I am considering both a Husqvarna and a Cub Cadet riding mower. I am concerned about parts availability. My current tractor is a Craftsman, and parts are readily available (just needed too many). What has been your experience with Husqvarna parts availability?

Search "Husqvarna parts" on the internet.....you will probably find several sites which supply almost everything you might need. I have a Husky mower and have had no trouble finding parts at a reasonable cost. I've found everything I need on RepairClinic.com, and EBAY...belts, blades, and even a spindle. If you don't mind paying more, a Husq, or CC dealer can get anything you might need.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
I recommend Pro Parts Direct .net because they have almost every part you need for mowers and engines in stock..... They aren't the middle man as a online store they have a true blue store and ship for a reasonable price....

Ed or Frank and a few others answer the phone most of the time..... Not a computer message going from here to there and pressing buttons.....

Also they will ship you a catalog if you want one............. Tell em Boudreaux in South Louisiana sent ya........

Plus Tard Mon Ami ~!~!

Thanks for that link. I've been looking for a long time for the correct air filter and pre filter for an FS730V. They've got it.

Thanks again.

diverdon

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you all for your responses. I think I will go with the Husky

Padroo

Threads
Whatever mower I buy I stock a spare set of belts and blade, one spindle and at least one oil filter but do buy them by the case sometimes..

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads

If your Craftsman model number starts with 917 it was made by Husqvarna. If it starts with 247 it was made by MTD.