winterizing mower

ugabulldog

Threads
which is better, draining tank and carb or adding stabil/seafoam and letting sit all winter, or are either fine? Also, is there an advantage of using battery tender or just removing battery and storing inside house? Thanks

Threads
I think there are several guys around that use stabilizer or something through winter. It boils down to what you want to do. I have never in 32 years put anything in my tanks. I make it a point to go out and start my equitment several times a month, mowers weedeaters, edgers and let it run 20 or 30 minutes just to warm them up keeps the batteries charged and gas and oil circulating through system. That's me, Some folks drain the tanks or run gas out but again im always thinking my gaskets could end up drying out or seals start leaking if they sit for long periods of time. I do pull my engines in winter months also to give them a thorough cleaning so they are ready for spring. I have been lucky enough doing it the way I do in the winter I have never had to pull a carb or ever had any problems they are always ready to fire up when spring time comes and no problems. All my equitment is at my home so that makes it convenient for me to just go out in garage and crank every thing up.