1990 amt 600 with a KF 82D-X engine

rdl

Forum Newbie
Threads
Has anyone change the current coil/igniter to a regular vehicle coil with an electronic ignition module component. And if so, what other considerations had to be considered when converting?
Has anyone found it easy to use a Club Car Golf Cart coil/igniter that fits this type of engine? If so any additional considerations when switching parts? Thanks

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
:welcome:

Welcome to the forum!

I'm going to move this thread over to our John Deere section.

rdl

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks! lets hope I have some parties that have completed such tasks with this type of engine. :smile:

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I am going to throw this out there. I may be wrong but just a thought. The engine will not produce enough electricity to run automotive vehicle coil with an electronic ignition module. I just do not think it is possible with an 8 hp engine.

rdl

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am going to throw this out there. I may be wrong but just a thought. The engine will not produce enough electricity to run automotive vehicle coil with an electronic ignition module. I just do not think it is possible with an 8 hp engine.

Good morning and thanks for the prompt feedback. Do you think I could use a coil from a small engine that is comparable?

NorthBama

Threads
The old Gator i replaced the ignition module on in 2015 is still going today. It is a CDI ignition that is a capacitance discharge ignition. I found the part on Ebay but it was kind of pricey 80 us dollars in 2015. Good luck with your search for parts.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You might do better by telling us what your actual problem is .
More than one way to skin a cat.