FS38 Trimmer - Assembly Instructions

Bidsey

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all,
I've just bought a new house & a new Ride-on to match. Wanting to keep maintenance easy I've finished my first mow & trim and I decided to service both the trimmer & blower so that everything is inline to service again in 12 months time. I purchased a plug, air filter, & fuel pickup for the Trimmer (the same for the BG56 Blower, and a Plug / Air Filter / Blades for my push mower).

I removed the spark arrester to clean it out, and as I was replacing the plug anyway I decided to remove the top plastic cover (white plastic) so that I could inspect the plug lead & clean any grass & dirt out. Unfortunately when I went to lower the cover back into place the throttle trigger had moved & now the tension spring has popped out of place, along with the wires to the switch.

As I wasn't planning on touching the switch I hadn't paid any attention to it & now I'm unsure how to reassemble (it's a bit tough once the shaft has swiveled). I had a go yesterday evening until light failed & the rain started, and decided to put it away before I got short tempered.

My question is does anyone have a copy of a Service Manual, specifically the pages relating to the throttle switch & housing, so that I can try to get this back together. I'll have another look this afternoon.

Regards
Craig

Threads
There are so many types of configurations we can't tell you exactly how to do that ...... It would be a book thick as the NY yellow pages LOL.....

Try typing your number and brand name on you tube or google and see what pops up... A video would be better... If I had one like yours I could make one and throw it on my You Tube channel to help you but I don't........

When you google your model a parts list from Jacks Small engine repair should pop up and then you could blow it up to see if that helps you .........

Let us know either way Mon Ami ~!~!

Bidsey

Forum Newbie
Threads

Thanks mate. Pg.14 on that manual is close, a little different at the front where the shaft slides in.

The tension spring that has popped out is #10. I can get it to clip back onto the Trigger #9, but I then knock it off trying to get the trigger back into place. I was hoping for a Service manual that had a step by step, but I suppose once tech's, or experienced owners have done one they don't really need instructions. It would have been easier if I'd seen how it all sat before it came out, I should have left well enough alone, and just serviced it.

Never mind, I'll have another crack this evening when I get home.

Thanks again.

Threads
Someone on here might have a link to a service manual..... Are you putting it together then sliding the shaft inside of ti ???

That's the easiest way to do it.........

Bidsey

Forum Newbie
Threads
Someone on here might have a link to a service manual..... Are you putting it together then sliding the shaft inside of ti ???

That's the easiest way to do it.........

Yeah when I first tried I figured it was way to hard with the shaft still in there. I didn't get a chance last night as I had to go out, but I'll try this evening or tomorrow.

If someone has a link to a manual that would be an awesome help.

Cheers
Craig

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Here is the mechanic manual on the engine part, I don't think that it will help much.

Attachments

• 4140 manual.pdf
    481.3 KB · Views: 14

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yes, back off the center screw on the bottom, and slide the shaft out of your way for now.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yes, back off the center screw on the bottom, and slide the shaft out of your way for now.

Long time no see. Welcome back

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yeah, decided to scare up some of the old forums.