FS38 Trimmer - Assembly Instructions

(Account Closed)

Threads
Hi all,
I've just bought a new house & a new Ride-on to match. Wanting to keep maintenance easy I've finished my first mow & trim and I decided to service both the trimmer & blower so that everything is inline to service again in 12 months time. I purchased a plug, air filter, & fuel pickup for the Trimmer (the same for the BG56 Blower, and a Plug / Air Filter / Blades for my push mower).

I removed the spark arrester to clean it out, and as I was replacing the plug anyway I decided to remove the top plastic cover (white plastic) so that I could inspect the plug lead & clean any grass & dirt out. Unfortunately when I went to lower the cover back into place the throttle trigger had moved & now the tension spring has popped out of place, along with the wires to the switch.

As I wasn't planning on touching the switch I hadn't paid any attention to it & now I'm unsure how to reassemble (it's a bit tough once the shaft has swiveled). I had a go yesterday evening until light failed & the rain started, and decided to put it away before I got short tempered.

My question is does anyone have a copy of a Service Manual, specifically the pages relating to the throttle switch & housing, so that I can try to get this back together. I'll have another look this afternoon.

Regards
Craig

Pic's should help:

__________________________________________________________________________________

You should see "indentations" for the wires to reside in and the springs, just make sure their installed as shown in the pictures. They should go together without forcing.

The kill switch will slide into the side of the handle, route the wires as shown above.

If you have to force something, it's not right...

Threads
Pic's should help:

__________________________________________________________________________________

You should see "indentations" for the wires to reside in and the springs, just make sure their installed as shown in the pictures. They should go together without forcing.

The kill switch will slide into the side of the handle, route the wires as shown above.

If you have to force something, it's not right...
Yep that's one of the diagrahms I sent him in the service manual link I shot him ~!~! Also yes there are grooves for everything inside the handle, thanks for pointing that out Mon Ami ~!~!

(Account Closed)

Threads
Yep that's one of the diagrahms I sent him in the service manual link I shot him ~!~! Also yes there are grooves for everything inside the handle, thanks for pointing that out Mon Ami ~!~!

Oh, ok... I just go to Jacks, find the area/part and "snip" a picture of it to my pic's.

Then upload to Postimage (free) and then post the link. Nice big pic.

Just going to the parts fisch to see how somethings assembled, missing parts, etc is a life saver when you don't have a shop manual. I work on just about ANYTHING with no manuals.

For folks wrenching themselves, looking up any parts diagram yourself makes life much easier. Stihls in particular, like to use lots of linkages (puzzles) and can be daunting once a spring pops out...