what is this and what does it do ?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
143.026706 Is the engine number at searspartsdirect.com

ice

Threads
It does move.... Not the plate itself but the other part moves......... Have someone depress the handle while you look at it closer.... If you are not getting spark then the kill wire is grounding on something or a bad spark plug or a bad coil....

Try a new plug first.... If that don't work then take the air shroud off and disconnect the kill wire from the coil...... Try that .......

That engine don't look like a Briggs.... Unless it's a newer one .. What is the name of the engine you have ?????

Let us know Mon Ami ~!~!

Hi boudreaux - You:thumbsup: were right ! i discounected the green kill switch put some carb cleaner in spark plug hole and boom! fired right up first :laughing:pull.
so ..next question:ashamed::ashamed: is how do I fix the green wire?? also needs a air filter.
?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hi boudreaux - You:thumbsup: were right ! i discounected the green kill switch put some carb cleaner in spark plug hole and boom! fired right up first :laughing:pull.
so ..next question:ashamed::ashamed: is how do I fix the green wire?? also needs a air filter.
?

Green wire is not broken the cable is. It is stuck in the kill position. Disconnect the cable and move the peace until the green wire is no longer grounded. Then buy new cable.

ice

Threads
Green wire is not broken the cable is. It is stuck in the kill position. Disconnect the cable and move the peace until the green wire is no longer grounded. Then buy new cable.

Hi blaznt oohh so its the cable, thank you so much.I will pull cable tomorrow and get back to you all. awesome site love the way people are so helpfull

ice

Threads
I am online looking for the air filter and cable and these numbers are showing all the wrong size filters.

143.026706 and 917.377650. am I doing something wrong here?

Threads
Ice..... First things first...... IS your cable broken ???? In your other thread on What your neighbor drug in you said the cables were working fine......

If your kill switch is not moving then, YES something is wrong with the cable... Or....Maybe it's not moving the kill tab all the way out to disengage it........

I'll look up your engine parts for you and assist Blaze on your issue.... According to your Model #'s on the sticker you have a Tecumseh Engine on your Craftsman mower frame..........

Am I correct ????

Let us know Mon Ami ~!~!

Threads
Ok I got some info for you ........... But you are going to make sure this is correct before you order anything or buy something you don't need......

Here is the link to the Sears site for your mower...... Look at the parts manual part of it, you can download it if you want to or just look at it on that site....

www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/user-manuals/917377650-craftsman-parts-manual

Go to page 36 and 37... Look at part 13 That is your control cable going to the kill switch assembly and the Bail handle to start and kill your engine...... Part # 161586 ....

Your air filter # is 36905....... Filter cover is 37122.........

Hope this helps and let us know Mon Ami ~!~!