mikers

mikers

Forum Newbie
Threads
hey I am the newbie here. I have a 2012 Ferris 1500 that has 1600 hours on it. the left side pump is leaking fluid around the head. I took the head off, straight edged it and ckd for cracks and/or other damage but found none. So I replaced the head seal and the shaft seal put it all back together - still leaks. I saw no wear inside (marking - grooves or gouges) The pump works fine, doesn't feel weak or anything. The problem is the fluid runs back on the drive belt and eats it up causing it to fail prematurely. Any ideas would be appreciated. thanks Mikers

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Cant help without Make, Model numbers of your transaxle units .. we can't see the unit, and we don't have a crystal ball.. see EXAMPLE of ID tags...... should be located right on the transaxle unit somewhere ............

ID 6.PNG .... click to enlarge

mikers

Forum Newbie
Threads
hey I am the newbie here. I have a 2012 Ferris 1500 that has 1600 hours on it. the left side pump is leaking fluid around the head. I took the head off, straight edged it and ckd for cracks and/or other damage but found none. So I replaced the head seal and the shaft seal put it all back together - still leaks. I saw no wear inside (marking - grooves or gouges) The pump works fine, doesn't feel weak or anything. The problem is the fluid runs back on the drive belt and eats it up causing it to fail prematurely. Any ideas would be appreciated. thanks Mikers

It is a Hydro-Gear
PJ - 3KBQ - FV1F - XXXX

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
:welcome:

Welcome to the forum!

I'm going to move this thread over to our Ferris section.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Where exactly is it leaking? Picture and circle around the leaking point would be great. Remember there are lots of o-rings on the head that could be leaking and spraying it to a different point that will make it look like it is leaking in a different place.

Padroo

Threads
Several years ago I put seal kits in both Hydro Gear pumps on my TORO and both still leaked. I ended up replacing the pumps at $350 each. OUCH. 15 W 50 Mobile 1 was running $8.50 a quart, sometimes you just can't win.

I asked what the drive units run on my new Ferris and was told $1400 each.