Sears sells Craftsman for $900 million. Old news, but for those who haven't heard

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / Sears sells Craftsman for $900 million. Old news, but for those who haven't heard

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / Sears sells Craftsman for $900 million. Old news, but for those who haven't heard
I've had pretty good luck with S-K, Facom, Snap-On, Plumb, Blue Point, New Britain, Crescent, and Diamond, if you can find them.

That's some of the brands I've accumulated over the years. I know that some of them are not sold anymore.

But the fact that they're old and haven't broke puts them in a class above all the tools I've had that did break and had to be replaced.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks, valid point.

Regwal

Threads
I am 81 yrs young and have a socket set complete with ratchets (2), speed handle, extensions, pull handle, and punches. I used them when in my early teens, out of dad's toolbox "fixing" my bikes.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
My dad was a vending machine distributor. Besides selling new machines he also reconditioned older ones which included stripping everything out of the cabinet, mostly mounted with hardened self-tapping No. 2 Phillips screws. Every 6 months or so he'd return his stripped Craftsman screw driver for a new one. It got to the point where all he had to do was walk up to the counter and they would grab the spare they kept in the case for him, lol.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
My dad was a vending machine distributor. Besides selling new machines he also reconditioned older ones which included stripping everything out of the cabinet, mostly mounted with hardened self-tapping No. 2 Phillips screws. Every 6 months or so he'd return his stripped Craftsman screw driver for a new one. It got to the point where all he had to do was walk up to the counter and they would grab the spare they kept in the case for him, lol.

AHHhhh yes the "Good ol Days" nowaday's, most young un's don't know, which, is the FUNCTIONAL end of a screwdriver !! .. :confused2:

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Kind of off topic, but until just recently I'd say everything in our house and garage was Sears or Craftsman, Kenmore, etc. Quality stuff at the right prices (when on sale) and real handy, good service, in this small town. Replacing stuff is tough, just no real quality these days and sometimes hard to find an item that will even come close to the old one in quality and ease of operation. Sure as hell don't need a refrigerator connected to the internet, one that costs, $3000+, one that will probably go kaput in five years.

And really off topic, who the hell needs a flashlight with five modes of operation? Turn on and off. Don't need to switch it five times to look under the workbench.

Boy, I'm in a mood today.

Regwal

Threads
Back in he 70s I rebuilt a Cessna 177. My local sears store told me they would be glad when I finished so they could reduce the supply of small Philips Screwdrivers on hand. I was in almost weekly with a handful that had rounded out. They also had the same deal on work boots but didn't last too long in that papermill town.