Sears sells Craftsman for $900 million. Old news, but for those who haven't heard

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / Sears sells Craftsman for $900 million. Old news, but for those who haven't heard
Thank you, I always wondered.
I have never bothered returning broken tools, they like customers like me.:laughing:

Last time I tried replace a broken Craftsman socket, I was told NO, because my old socket had the size stamped/engraved into it and the replacement was a laser etched one .. no can do ...??? ..:mad:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / Sears sells Craftsman for $900 million. Old news, but for those who haven't heard
Have been replacing my Craftsman sockets for years and have never been told they would not replace. All the ones I am replacing are stamped. You better be nicer or find another retail outlet. I’ve just about replaced an entire 3/8” drive 12 point set.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Probably wasn't holdin my mouth jus right, or maybe I should go in wearing a long black trenchcoat, hat, N dark glasses .. ?? ..:laughing:..:laughing:

Lawn Addict
Threads
Same here, never any issue returning any broken Craftsman tools..

Once I helped a neighbor clean out her old shed, & in a bucket 1/2 full of rain water were a batch of very old Craftsman tools. They were corroding away, but I asked her if she knows what was in there. She said they were some of her late husbands tools, she said take them. I did & made sure I could read Craftsman somewhere on each tool. Went to local Sears & said these are UN-usable anymore. He replaced every one, with out any hesitation.

I left with probably $200. worth of new hand tools. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Same here, never any issue returning any broken Craftsman tools..

Once I helped a neighbor clean out her old shed, & in a bucket 1/2 full of rain water were a batch of very old Craftsman tools. They were corroding away, but I asked her if she knows what was in there. She said they were some of her late husbands tools, she said take them. I did & made sure I could read Craftsman somewhere on each tool. Went to local Sears & said these are UN-usable anymore. He replaced every one, with out any hesitation.

I left with probably $200. worth on new hand tools. :thumbsup:

Damn, they never even used Vaseline or gave me a kiss ... those birty dasturds .. :mad:..:laughing:

Lawn Addict
Threads
Damn, they never even used Vaseline or gave me a kiss ... those birty dasturds .. :mad:..:laughing:

Seems like you either spoke to the wrong guy or like Rivets said, need a different outlet.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Seems like you either spoke to the wrong guy or like Rivets said, need a different outlet.

Wonder if ACE Hdwe. will make good, also heard they will NOT replace screwdrivers with broken tips or "hammering" marks on the handle .. anybody know the truth to that ..?? Only 1 sears store near me and I think I heard it's closing down.. ???

Lawn Addict
Threads
Local Ace here will replace broke tip screwdrivers.

All Sears near me have already closed.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Local Ace here will replace broke tip screwdrivers.

All Sears near me have already closed.

Thanks Numbers, I'll be sure to tell Santa you're an OK guy, N shouldn't be on his schitt-list !! .. :thumbsup:..:laughing:

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'd rather have tools that don't break.