BUYING AND SELLING USED EQUIPMENT

Flintmotorsports

Threads
I sell used mowers also..... Weed whackers also.... I get a lot of my stuff from the local Can Man recycle center..... People will have something and it won't run so they put it to the road or sell it by weight to the can man... I buy the stuff by the weight also..... Usually it's a easy fix..... Mostly fuel related problems.......or a coil......

Even though a engine is not running I get the used parts from them if the engine is whole......

Some stuff I get on the side of the road but it's not often..... There are people that pull trailers and they ride around all day looking for scrap metal......

Plus Tard Mon Ami ~!~!

what brands do you like selling? do you sell riders?

Threads
I sell used equipment....... I am a Briggs dealer just in the parts aspect as of now.... We are in the process of getting a lot of outboard engines cleared out and putting the Machine tools on one side of the building.... If you would see the big shop you would wander how we can even walk in there ..........

So do you turn wrenches in the shop also .... I do see a few posts where you give good advice ............

Flintmotorsports

Threads
some not much any more but i am briggs and honda certified and i have worked in this industry for over 12 years.

any equipment i cant fix i strip and sell the parts on ebay and i also buy new old stock from other dealers.

Flintmotorsports

Threads
i like to buy all the major brands such as craftsman, john deere, troy bilt, cub cadet and so many more i pay $200 or less for riders and try to double the money after i get
them running. so if i put $300 in something i like to get $600 or more out of the tractor

itsgalf

Threads
I picked up quite a few push lawnmowers this summer just searching online classifieds - mostly people throwing them out curbside. Bad fuel was the cause of most of it, but I enjoy tinkering and getting them running. I feel like yelling and woopin just like on Taryl Fixes All whenever I get a mower up and running. :D

Although selling them have been a pain. I've mostly just been posting them up online, but especially on facebook marketplace there are too many people who ask if it's available and then flake out and never respond after I say that it is available. It's something like 10 different people are messaging me asking to buy before I actually get one who commits to buying it. Or they just lowball. It's nice when they do sell, but I've found it's a bit rough around these parts to get them sold.

I was thinking I should just do tune-ups or repairs instead.

Flintmotorsports

Threads
I picked up quite a few push lawnmowers this summer just searching online classifieds - mostly people throwing them out curbside. Bad fuel was the cause of most of it, but I enjoy tinkering and getting them running. I feel like yelling and woopin just like on Taryl Fixes All whenever I get a mower up and running. :D

Although selling them have been a pain. I've mostly just been posting them up online, but especially on facebook marketplace there are too many people who ask if it's available and then flake out and never respond after I say that it is available. It's something like 10 different people are messaging me asking to buy before I actually get one who commits to buying it. Or they just lowball. It's nice when they do sell, but I've found it's a bit rough around these parts to get them sold.

I was thinking I should just do tune-ups or repairs instead.

i have noticed in my area riders sell from January to june and push mowers from march to july and then i just stop fixing and i start stocking up for next season.

Threads
I sell used equipment....... I am a Briggs dealer just in the parts aspect as of now.... We are in the process of getting a lot of outboard engines cleared out and putting the Machine tools on one side of the building.... If you would see the big shop you would wander how we can even walk in there ..........

So do you turn wrenches in the shop also .... I do see a few posts where you give good advice ............

I forgot we do stock certain engines also .....

upupandaway

Threads
There is a dealer i drive by occasionally that leaves "broken" ones out back. I think the techs are not too bright because everything i got from them a bunch ran just removing the dirty air filter and trying them. Others just needed the bowl cleaned- simple stuff, but hey, I get them for free so keep'm coming!!! Right now, I have 3 hondas-1 HRX217ish that i got last week-just needed clean carb, another a rock was on\off jamming the propel gear-again, keep'm coming! Ready to sell next summer although i hope it is just because of downtime- there are alot of hondas on craigslist right now...

Flintmotorsports: "i like to get $600 or more out of the tractor "
There was a place in Chicago area(aurora i recall) where I got 2 sears riders (1-orig owner fiddled with tappets, and 1-briggs 12.5hp valve "stretched") for $25 each. back in '99 before moving down here. When i inquired about the row of Craftsman riders outside, the owner said used sears don't sell. If they were painted green and yellow on the other hand he does resell them -SO- Flint, how are u getting 600 for Sears mowers? Just curious.

Flintmotorsports

Threads
There is a dealer i drive by occasionally that leaves "broken" ones out back. I think the techs are not too bright because everything i got from them a bunch ran just removing the dirty air filter and trying them. Others just needed the bowl cleaned- simple stuff, but hey, I get them for free so keep'm coming!!! Right now, I have 3 hondas-1 HRX217ish that i got last week-just needed clean carb, another a rock was on\off jamming the propel gear-again, keep'm coming! Ready to sell next summer although i hope it is just because of downtime- there are alot of hondas on craigslist right now...

Flintmotorsports: "i like to get $600 or more out of the tractor "
There was a place in Chicago area(aurora i recall) where I got 2 sears riders (1-orig owner fiddled with tappets, and 1-briggs 12.5hp valve "stretched") for $25 each. back in '99 before moving down here. When i inquired about the row of Craftsman riders outside, the owner said used sears don't sell. If they were painted green and yellow on the other hand he does resell them -SO- Flint, how are u getting 600 for Sears mowers? Just curious.

i get the newer stuff i stay away from the square body stuff that is no good. i have good luck selling any brand i get my hands on. most of the time i sell them with in 24hrs
of listing them for sale. i sold 90% of my riders for 600-800 in good running shape.