TroyBilt TB30R Deck Spring Removal?

rayrfry2

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have removed all of the deck parts on my TroyBilt TB30 rider except for the PTO spring. I know that the cable needs to be pulled back in order to line up slots in the cable part of the connector with the slots on the deck idler bracket. However, the cable will not slide out of the deck idler bracket. The part on the cable only has one channel. Where the other channel should be is a piece with a small hole in it that looks like it may be for a cotter pin. Has anyone encountered this and if so how was it taken care of?

Threads
You should have a pin holding the cable on the back side of it.... If you don't then it's one those you have to squeeze with a pair of needle nose pliers and then pull out..... JD's have the pin on the back side.....

If you pull the deck out just a lil bit then you have more access and room to do that...........

Plus Tard Mon Ami ~!~!

rayrfry2

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you Boudreau for your post. The video was helpful. I designed my own removal tool that worked just fine.

Threads
Thanks for the update....... Some folks don't reply that this forum was helpful......

Plus Tard Mon Ami ~!~!