look what the neighbor drug in my garage/

ice

Threads
well ..Same story as usual
The neighbor is done with it ,wont startDSCN1631.jpgDSCN1632.jpgDSCN1629.jpgDSCN1639.jpgDSCN1633.jpgDSCN1634.jpgDSCN1638.jpg
Where to start with this guy? neigbor says it did run . Thank you

Attachments

• DSCN1630.jpg
    DSCN1630.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 26
  • DSCN1635.jpg
    DSCN1635.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 16
  • DSCN1636.jpg
    DSCN1636.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 22
  • DSCN1637.jpg
    DSCN1637.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 21

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That’s clean compared to some of the stuff which come into our shop.

ice

Threads
Thank you Rivet,
what would you do first to get it running?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If it has oil in it, I would remove the air filter and squirt some carb cleaner in the air horn. If it fires, I would drain the fuel, loosen, not remove, the jet on the bottom of the carb to drain the fuel out of the bowl then tighten. Put in fuel and see if it will running. If it fails to fire with carb cleaner, I would check for spark.

ice

Threads
Thank you will do :)
i will check in after i do that / :smile:

Threads
I agree with Rivet's ................ Also I will add one thing........... If it does run then don't run it for long, check for nests under the air shroud.... Looks like it has been setting and I see some grass in that area .........

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
IF ... someone is going to clean it up somewhat, they need to take pics of the make, model, etc information stickers, or at least write them down, the stickers don't hold-up very well with some cleaning agents, makes it a real PITA when trying to get help, or parts/service.. (just a thought) .. I usually try to cover with a plastic film, putting any tape on them directly,.. will sometimes mess them up also, :thumbsup:

John Fitzgerald

Threads
IF ... someone is going to clean it up somewhat, they need to take pics of the make, model, etc information stickers, or at least write them down, the stickers don't hold-up very well with some cleaning agents, makes it a real PITA when trying to get help, or parts/service.. (just a thought) .. I usually try to cover with a plastic film, putting any tape on them directly,.. will sometimes mess them up also, :thumbsup:

He posted pics of the stickers on his initial post.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
He posted pics of the stickers on his initial post.

I saw them John, THAT'S why I mentioned about trying to preserve them somehow .... NO BIGGIE !! .. :thumbsup:

ice

Threads
If it has oil in it, I would remove the air filter and squirt some carb cleaner in the air horn. If it fires, I would drain the fuel, loosen, not remove, the jet on the bottom of the carb to drain the fuel out of the bowl then tighten. Put in fuel and see if it will running. If it fails to fire with carb cleaner, I would check for spark.

It did have freash oil in it. and a brand new spark plug.
I sprayed some carb cleaner down the air horn.
1st problem: every time i pull on the string the lawn mower pulls forward.

2nd problem: in one of the pictures the handle bar has 2 push down leavers, what do those do exactly???

3rd problem: no spark from plug at all.DSCN1641.jpgDSCN1640.jpg