draining gas end of season

ugabulldog

Threads
I bought a new mower (new to me) with a Kaw fx691v engine. It has two fuel lines coming from gas tank (first pic) , one goes to fuel filter then on to carb (I think see second pic, as I am not very mechanically inclines) and one goes directly to carb, I think this is the carb(third pic)? My first question is why does it have two lines?

Second question, which would be better to pull and drain gas at end of season, now?

IMG_2586.jpgIMG_2585.jpgIMG_2584.jpg

Threads
In the 1 st pic the bottom line is the fuel line going to the fuel pump, that round part...... The other line in the tank is a vent line.......

The 2 feed lines from the 2 tanks should meet up to a tee somewhere..... Do you have a valve to use one tank or the other ??????

Let us know Mon Ami ~!~!

ugabulldog

Threads
In the 1 st pic the bottom line is the fuel line going to the fuel pump, that round part...... The other line in the tank is a vent line.......

The 2 feed lines from the 2 tanks should meet up to a tee somewhere..... Do you have a valve to use one tank or the other ??????

Let us know Mon Ami ~!~!

Yes I do have a T where both tanks meet and i do have a valve to use one tank or the other..... the line going from the tank to the carb in third picture is the vent line? So I should drain line going to fuel pump to drain gas?

Last edited:
Threads
Yes I do have a T where both tanks meet and i do have a valve to use one tank or the other..... the line going from the tank to the carb in third picture is the vent line? So I should drain line going to fuel pump to drain gas?

Yes if you want to drain your tanks then take the line off of the pump on the back side of the pump and you can emty both tanks like that.......

Being in Georgia I didn't think you would get the colder winters to winterize your mowers......If you are using NON ETHO gas then you really don't have to drain your gas......

The top line in pic 1 is the vent line.......

supertech

Threads
I use Stabil year round. Mix it by the instructions on bottle. Its good for one year. After mixing run the engine for 15 minutes at least to totally fill carb and fuel system. Fill fuel tank all the way up. Or you can use the new Stabil 360 brand. I have a large flleet of equipment, its all on Stabil, it works.