Echo ES-250 wont start after sucking up piece of wood

askjonathan20

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Echo ES-250 wont start after sucking up piece of wood
Hey everyone. Hoping, someone can lend some advice. I have an Echo ES-250 Leaf blower/mulcher vacuum. I accidentally sucked up a piece of wood yesterday which jammed the machine. Once I cleared the wood out of the awger, I couldn't get the motor to start. Does anyone know if there's some type of falesafe with these, like a sheer pin or something? Or did I trash the motor? Hope not. Any help you could give is appreciated. FYI, when I pull the cord it does sound normal, nothing clanging or any unusual sounds. Just wont start up.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
There's a safety switch on those units so make sure you either have the vac tube on or the shield screwed down.

Edit - I've sucked up wood chips and rocks and bound up mine countless times and never had an issue breaking anything. The only times it won't start is when the safety switch wasn't engaged or the on/off switch isn't contacting properly. You can try exercising your on/off switch, spraying it with contact cleaner or WD-40 and pushing it to "on" hard. You could have a funky switch, either the safety or the on/off. Mine needs to be mashed up hard and really should be replaced. I'm not saying you couldn't have other issues but I'd start with the ignition circuit.

Last edited:

bogdaN

Threads
Check if your key stock in fly wheel is not sheer.

askjonathan20

Forum Newbie
Threads
Darryl, thanks so much! Seems like it was the safety switch issue. You made my day!

There's a safety switch on those units so make sure you either have the vac tube on or the shield screwed down.

Edit - I've sucked up wood chips and rocks and bound up mine countless times and never had an issue breaking anything. The only times it won't start is when the safety switch wasn't engaged or the on/off switch isn't contacting properly. You can try exercising your on/off switch, spraying it with contact cleaner or WD-40 and pushing it to "on" hard. You could have a funky switch, either the safety or the on/off. Mine needs to be mashed up hard and really should be replaced. I'm not saying you couldn't have other issues but I'd start with the ignition circuit.