Snow blower 412 snowblower

1mk2

Threads
I was just talking with a friend about adjusting the skid pads on his snow blower so I checked the manual about the recommendation. I had been running with the "blade" down solid on the pavement. The manual says to adjust the skid pads so that the blade barely skims the pavement with the raise/lower lever the whole way down. Then to actually clear snow, pull that leaver up 1 notch so that the black is about .125 above the pavement.

Since this thread was discussing general operation of the snowblower, I thought this might be useful.

BTW, I'm hoping we get a foot tomorrow evening;)

Thanks for the info Jerry. I have my Grasshopper in the repair shop, engine wasn't running strong. Hope they can find the problem, looks like I won't have mine for this snow but my brother has a cub with a blade we can use.

1mk2

Threads
I'd just like to see this thing rip through some snow;) We've had 2-3" at a time since I got it. Some super-heavy slop that clogged up a lot. I just want to feel like I didn't waste my money buying this thing.

I didn't know there was a wheel kit...I don't have that much to clear...think I'm good with it the way it is.

If you follow my threads back to 11-25-2018, 06:38 PM ,ErnieN85 sent me a picture of a modification he made to his snowblower to throw more snow without getting clogged. Give it a look.

jerryshenk

Threads
I did see Ernie's modification. I've thought about that but haven't done anything. Jamming hasn't been too much of a problem for me...definitely something to keep in mind.