Snow blower 412 snowblower

1mk2

Threads
Bought a model 412 snowblower for my 612 grasshopper. I got the quick connect mounting brackets and put them on and now have the snow blower attached. I have no operating manual or parts manual with it and am wonder if anyone knows where I can get a free download for it? I am wondering if I have everything set correctly such as it being level etc. Any tips anyone would like to share about using one would be much appreciated, this will be my first time using one. I did notice that I am going to need some weight for the back. I did bet some chains for it but have not put them on yet. The lever to move the shoot from left to right seems to be a reach from the seat and I find it very difficult to take my hands off the steering and do anything else without going off path, does anyone have a solution to this problem? The newer model grasshoppers seem to have the steering bars closer then my model 612 and one can hold both in one hand and keep on the fly while doing something else with the other hand. It would be nice to move the shoot while on the fly without having to come to a complete stop.

Thanks,

Mike

Last edited:

ErnieN85

Threads
Send an email to Grass hopperuse their website their techs will set you up. You’ll need the serial numbers for both units

1mk2

Threads
Bought a model 412 snowblower for my 612 grasshopper. I got the quick connect mounting brackets and put them on and now have the snow blower attached. I have no operating manual or parts manual with it and am wonder if anyone knows where I can get a free download for it? I am wondering if I have everything set correctly such as it being level etc. Any tips anyone would like to share about using one would be much appreciated, this will be my first time using one. I did notice that I am going to need some weight for the back. I did bet some chains for it but have not put them on yet.

Thanks,

Mike

Thanks, would still be interested in tips anyone would like to share about using one. The lever to move the shoot from left to right seems to be a reach from the seat and I find it very difficult to take my hands off the steering and do anything else without going off path, does anyone have a solution to this problem? The newer model grasshoppers seem to have the steering bars closer then my model 612 and one can hold both in one hand and keep on the fly while doing something else with the other hand. It would be nice to move the shoot while on the fly without having to come to a complete stop.

ErnieN85

Threads
Unless you buy the power lift & rotataor the only way to manage that is to stop & move it.
Something I did to blow slush and very wet snow was to modify the chute
FFE7940B-28B8-4BE0-870D-6CC918B1E729.jpg

1mk2

Threads
Thanks, looks like you removed the top part of the chute and inserted another sheet of metal inside, did this help and what was the result without the top part of the chute off or are you just showing it with the top part off to show how you modified it? I haven't had a chance to look at mine much yet but was wondering if i could figure out some way to put an extension of the directon handle so it would be somewhere between my knees so I could move it with my knees and keep moving without stopping. Don't know if this would work.

Thanks for the info.

Mike

ErnieN85

Threads
Take a closer look. The chute normally has a bend in the front where the vertices portion is bent in. I removed that and added angle to the outside instead, that allows more snow out so it doesn’t plug.

ErnieN85

Threads
Take a closer look. The chute normally has a bend in the front where the verticle portion is bent in. I removed that and added angle to the outside instead, that allows more snow out so it doesn’t plug.

BWH

Threads
I always move the chute with my foot on the lever, works great for me. No need to modify anything.

1mk2

Threads
What a dummy, I never thought of that. Do you use chains or just snow tread tires?

1mk2

Threads
Thanks, do you use chains on your tires to snowblow?