Walbro carb re-assembly

Nick R

Forum Newbie
Threads
Good day all

I have an elderly sit-on lawnmower of a type sold by DIY outlets over here with B+S 12 HP engine and Walbro LMT carb. Tractor model no. 283707, type 0217-01 code 9401314E.

I have removed the carb because of fuel delivery problem, and took various photos to help with re mounting. However i had not noticed that there is a very fine spring attached to the throttle mechanism, and i do not know where it attaches - it is of such a fine gauge that it doesnt show up on the photos (or maybe it had already detached itself!)

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Best regards

Threads
Good day all

I have an elderly sit-on lawnmower of a type sold by DIY outlets over here with B+S 12 HP engine and Walbro LMT carb. Tractor model no. 283707, type 0217-01 code 9401314E.

I have removed the carb because of fuel delivery problem, and took various photos to help with re mounting. However i had not noticed that there is a very fine spring attached to the throttle mechanism, and i do not know where it attaches - it is of such a fine gauge that it doesnt show up on the photos (or maybe it had already detached itself!)

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Best regards

Bon Jour Nick ....... That small gauged spring is a dampening spring and it hooks right next to where the throttle linkage hooks to on both sides..... You don't have to buy one if it is lost..... No big deal on it being there .......

Let us know Mon Ami ~!~! Plus Tard .........

Nick R

Forum Newbie
Threads
Good morning
Thanks very much for the prompt replies! Armed with the manual there is no excuse for not getting this thing rolling again - will let you know how it goes.

Threads
Good morning
Thanks very much for the prompt replies! Armed with the manual there is no excuse for not getting this thing rolling again - will let you know how it goes.

One question for you Nick......... Are you talking about the spring that is wrapped around the throttle linkage ???

If that's the spring then look right next to where the hard linkage hooks to... There will be a small hole next to both holes... That's where the spring goes... That will save you some time...

Let us know Mon Ami ........ Plus Tard ~!~!