Honda GXV610 forum

apsollc

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 18 year old Hustler Fas-Trak with a Honda GXV610 engine. It started coughing, backfiring and running on one cylinder.
I replaced both very weak ignition coils and the fuel filter. it now runs smoothly at low and medium speed but at high speed it suddenly loses power and acts like it is running out of gas. Any suggestions?

Threads
I have a 18 year old Hustler Fas-Trak with a Honda GXV610 engine. It started coughing, backfiring and running on one cylinder.
I replaced both very weak ignition coils and the fuel filter. it now runs smoothly at low and medium speed but at high speed it suddenly loses power and acts like it is running out of gas. Any suggestions?

You are not getting enough fuel at the higher RPM's Is your tank clean ?? Fuel lines in great condition ?? Take the fuel line off at the tank and see how much flow you have into a jelly jar or similiar.........

If all checks out then look at the carb for a high speed adjustment.... If no screw for high is on there then the carb most likely needs a good cleaning...........

Let us know Mon Ami ~!~!

Padroo

Threads
It does sound like a fuel delivery problem. Is there a screen in the tank?