Commercial Turf 25hp

dbshelton

Threads
I replaced the engine on my old Dixie Chopper with a new B & S Commercial Turf 25hp engine. For my residential use only mowing 4-5 acres. Do these engines hold up well? Any special care to help longevity?

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I replaced the engine on my old Dixie Chopper with a new B & S Commercial Turf 25hp engine. For my residential use only mowing 4-5 acres. Do these engines hold up well? Any special care to help longevity?

Keep ALL the filters CLEAN, oil FULL, and annually remove engine shroud to clean out the cooling fins, GOOD Maintenance is the key to a dependable machine, oil & filters are cheap compared to O/H or replacement costs of another engine, I change my fuel filter TWICE a year, carburetors are USUALLY the most problems with lawn mower engines, IF you work on the machine, be sure to take tons of pics, (especially any springs - cables - BOTH ends ! ) the pics become your re-assembly manual...:thumbsup:

also.... take pics of the machines information plates or stickers ( Make-Model Seril numbers, for if & when you need to order parts or get help with Maint. see EXAMPLES

id num.jpg..BJ9659W.JPG..ID 6.PNG

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
So, just good maintenance habits. Thanks.

YEP ! Good Maintenance doesn't cost, it PAY'S .. I have a 98 Toyota Camry that looks and runs BETTER than it did when it rolled off the dealers floor, my mowers are old ( bought used ) but I rebuilt what was needed and just maintenance is required, :thumbsup:

dbshelton

Threads
Yes, I get used to my old stuff. After all, my vehicles range from 1964 to 2010.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yes, I get used to my old stuff. After all, my vehicles range from 1964 to 2010.

Besides ... they don't build em like they used too !

Happy Turkey Day !! .. :thumbsup:

Threads
Besides ... they don't build em like they used too !

Happy Turkey Day !! .. :thumbsup:

Yes they still make them like they did, but Wally world and cheapo depot and lowes don't carry the good chitt... Also people won't pay the price for a quality mower.... Especially the push mowers.....

Here's a link to a good one that the company has been around since the mid 30's ........

www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200330739_200330739?cm_mmc=Google-pla&utm_source=Google_PLA&utm_medium=Lawn%20%2B%20Garden%20>%20Lawn%20Mowers%20>%20Walk-Behind%20Mowers&utm_campaign=Sarlo&utm_content=176101&gclid=Cj0KCQiA597fBRCzARIsAHWby0FMII7Lgj_kXXq9Z9Fa9c_XobEkAy_tqvwgTH6kci-NelWHHcyYlcgaArp3EALw_wcB

Also the link to the company ........ These remind me of the old Yazoo's .......

sarlo-mower.myshopify.com

Plus Tard Mon Ami ~!~!