1968 Toro whirlwind electric mower model 18300

Biggredd

Threads
Hello to all. My name is Biggredd and I live in the Kc Missouri area. I have been having trouble with finding any info on this mower. 1968 Toro whirlwind electric mower model 18300. I have joined multiple forums with avid Toro collector's and they have never seen one. The only info on the mower is the parts list. There isnt even any photos of the mower online. I have contacted Toro and was told all they know is the date it was made no other info. So what do you guys think? Thanks again for having me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181105-030055.png
    Screenshot_20181105-030055.png
    724.1 KB · Views: 7
Threads
How long you been having this ????? Who did you get it from ??? 1 of my 4th grade teachers got electrocuted by a electric mower in the summer after I was in her class....

I'll see if I can find any info on it..... What is the reason you need the info ????

Biggredd

Threads
I have had the mower for about a year. I purchased it along with a Craftsman electric push mower for $15 for both- believe it or not. It has been in my garage on the back burner since I got it. Recently it caught my eye so I pulled it out and I started doing some researching on it. I'm a member of My tractor forum and my lawn mower forum also. No one has ever seen one. Even the old school guys hadn't seen one. So I've been searching the web and all I have found is the parts diagram. So I contacted Toro and asked them and they were clueless besides what year it was made. So here I am asking again for any info on the mower. Hopefully someone can help. Thanks for your time appreciate it.

Threads
I have had the mower for about a year. I purchased it along with a Craftsman electric push mower for $15 for both- believe it or not. It has been in my garage on the back burner since I got it. Recently it caught my eye so I pulled it out and I started doing some researching on it. I'm a member of My tractor forum and my lawn mower forum also. No one has ever seen one. Even the old school guys hadn't seen one. So I've been searching the web and all I have found is the parts diagram. So I contacted Toro and asked them and they were clueless besides what year it was made. So here I am asking again for any info on the mower. Hopefully someone can help. Thanks for your time appreciate it.

So you did find the parts diagrams online at Jack's small engine and about 4 other sites then ......... I have a few friends in town that just might have seen those come through their shop a time or two..... With the holiday so close to us it will be next week before I can get any info .... Or sooner ......

A friend of mine that used to own an electric motor rewinding shop passed away a few months ago.... He would have known about those in all his 91 years of age... I also know a few other people in the golden years that have been in the hardware and mower industry........

Plus Tard Mon Ami ~!~!

Biggredd

Threads
Thanks for the reply- Happy Thanksgiving to all.

John Fitzgerald

Threads
I remember my grandfather having an electric corded mower back in the 1960s, probably around 1965. The motor was round like a washing machine motor, and the cut couldn’t have been more than about 18”. Cord management was such a pain he didnt use it long. He had a big yard for those days.

Last edited:

Biggredd

Threads
Thanks bro for making the video and for your time. The mower is complete and the reason I'm looking for info is because there is none. Lol - I appreciate all you help.