Has anybody found my keys?

mudpuddle

Forum Newbie
Threads
It's a good thing it's not spring time...the lawn growth has slown down a bit here in North Carolina with the colder weather, but I'm going to need to cut that grass soon and I have misplaced the key. My wife is no help as she is quick to point out that she always reminds me to put it in the same place.... How is it that I can remember what she says, but I dont remember where I put the key. Either way, I'm at a loss.... It's possible that she has the key, and is holding it in secret, waiting for me to ask. Wouldn't it be great if that were true, and I was able to come up with a spare key and start the mower anyway.... her plan will have backfired...

Anybody out there ever have this problem??

Pumper54

Threads
A wife that likes to jack with you or loosing the key? Keys are pretty much universal that I can tell if not the local dealership should have one. As for the wife? That is all up to you. ;-)

Tom

mudpuddle

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a friend that tried to get me use his key, he thought they were universal as well... but his is just a pressed piece of metal... my key actually had grooves and teeth like a regular key... It didnt occur to me to ask if I could use his wife...:laughing:

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
John Deere sales them for like $1.50. You know you will find your key right after you purchase a new one.:laughing:

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a spot above my tool box that I keep my certain keys. And one gets in the habit of hanging it up right after parking my machine.
Plus I have a spare.

What brand machine do you have anyhow ?

PS: I'm just the opposite, I can't remember what the mrs said, but I do remember my keys.. :laughing:

mudpuddle

Forum Newbie
Threads
Its a John Deere Z425... I remember having the key in my hand... and I do have a special place to hang it... but somehow, it's not there... battery was needing a charge, and I got sidetracked... didnt put the key back in it's place.

I did some research, and it does seem that the key is pretty standard... Lowes might even have one...

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
If your key looks like this then Lowes does not carry it.
key.jpg

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I just lave my key in the Ign. sw. it's ALWAYS right there .. :thumbsup:

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
I leave mine in the ignition with a string tied to it so if I knock it out it won't disappear.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I leave mine in the ignition with a string tied to it so if I knock it out it won't disappear.

Well Tom1, Tom2, Tom3, I wish you'd disappear.. ( jus kiddin) .. :thumbsup: