Engine swap

D.L. Dobbins

Forum Newbie
Threads
Will a Kohler 17.5 engine from a John Deere L110 fit my L100 with a Briggs & Stratton 17.5 engine?

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ever see a Big Block chevy in the back seat of a Corvair... sure, anything can be done with some ingenuity and research, helps to have some money to go along with patience & persistence !!

Threads
Will a Kohler 17.5 engine from a John Deere L110 fit my L100 with a Briggs & Stratton 17.5 engine?

All engines have the same bolt pattern...... Or will fit on any frame...... If you have the room under the hood yes it will fit...

Now are the shafts the same size ??? Yes in most cases... Your Briggs and Kohler are in the same class size, but measure them anyway.... 1 inch by 3 5/32 should be what you have........

The alternator is another factor if you have a electric PTO instead of a manual lever PTO...... Lets see what else is in store for you ?????? LOL...

The plug wire on the Briggs is a 6 pin and sometimes the kohler has the same thing also .......

Why do want to put a Kohler on your mower ???? If its a Courage Kohler then I have some tips for you to check before you put it on there ..

Let us know Mon Ami ~!~!

D.L. Dobbins

Forum Newbie
Threads
All engines have the same bolt pattern...... Or will fit on any frame...... If you have the room under the hood yes it will fit...

Now are the shafts the same size ??? Yes in most cases... Your Briggs and Kohler are in the same class size, but measure them anyway.... 1 inch by 3 5/32 should be what you have........

The alternator is another factor if you have a electric PTO instead of a manual lever PTO...... Lets see what else is in store for you ?????? LOL...

The plug wire on the Briggs is a 6 pin and sometimes the kohler has the same thing also .......

Why do want to put a Kohler on your mower ???? If its a Courage Kohler then I have some tips for you to check before you put it on there ..

Let us know Mon Ami ~!~!

The shafts are the same size. It has amanual PTO. I don't know if it is a Courage Kohler or not. I have not purchased it yet. A fellow near me has one for sale that he removed from a JD L110. Mine is a L100. Thanks for responding.