Electric or Gas Powered Self Powered Lawn Mower

Markmilleru2

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello everyone,
I am looking to buy a self propelled lawn mower. After reading many random guides online I want some thoughts from this community. Please help me! Which self propelled lawn mower will be better: Gas powered or electric.

And if gas powered or electric self propelled lawn mower are better then please list some models. I will really appreciate this.
TIA,
Mark :)

MowLife

Threads
Your first decision needs to be either gas or electric then you can decide models. If you are looking for dependablity, less maintenance and a engine you don’t have to pull start then electric may be good for you. However electric won’t be as powerful as gas engines so cutting tall grass will be a problem and you have to drag around a power cord. Gas powered mowers are physically harder to start, needs more maintenance and more costly to run. Gas mowers are much more powerful and will cut tall grass.

Threads
I agree with Mow Life.......... Battery mowers are OK if you have a small yard and you cut weekly or every 2 weeks depending on how fast your grass grows....

You don't need a selfie mower if you go with electric or battery types. They are light as a feather compared to gas jobs....

How big is your cutting area ?? How often are you cutting ?? Those are 2 things to consider and please give us the answers on here.....

A quality mower gas type will last you a very long time with proper care of the oil 1 or twice a year and air filter changing...

Cleaning the under of the mower every cut will keep the deck good for a long time.....

Remember battery mowers are just about obselete after 2 years because of bigger made batteries every year or so......

Let us know Mon Ami ~!~!

Markmilleru2

Forum Newbie
Threads
Your first decision needs to be either gas or electric then you can decide models. If you are looking for dependablity, less maintenance and a engine you don’t have to pull start then electric may be good for you. However electric won’t be as powerful as gas engines so cutting tall grass will be a problem and you have to drag around a power cord. Gas powered self propelled mower are physically harder to start, needs more maintenance and more costly to run. Gas mowers are much more powerful and will cut tall grass.

Can you recommend which one should I choose
Honda HRR216K9VKA or TROY-BILT TB330

MowLife

Threads
I haven’t owned either of these so can’t give a honest review. I have a Troy-Bilt with the gcv160 Honda motor on it. The motor is great...no problems and strong for its size but the mower itself is falling apart. However I use it hard commercially which it was not designed for. Maybe someone will chime in that actually own these....but in my opinion the Honda engine is great.

Markmilleru2

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi Mowlife,
I don't know your name :) but you can close this topic because I have now ordered honda's lawn mower and I think it will be great

johnty

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi
Choosing a lawn mower is dependent on several factors. In our opinion, the major determinant when choosing a lawn mower is the size of your lawn yard. Some lawn mowers give you the best performance if you have a large compound while other types may not be very suitable.

ELECTRIC LAWN MOWERS

As the name implies, this is a type of lawn mower powered by electricity. They usually have a cord that can be plugged into a power outlet while some are rechargeable and semi-cordless.

GAS LAWN MOWER

Gas lawn mowers are big-engine lawn mowers powered by gasoline. They are generally used for larger lawns and are characterized by their noisiness.

If your lawn is reasonably small I would suggest an Electric mower or if your yard is tiered use an Electric for easiness and lightness of lifting up each tier.

If you have a large lawn a Gas mower may work out better for you. Especially if starting mowers is not your forte.

SharrySteve1

Forum Newbie
Threads
It depends on the size of your lawn. If it is big and spacious, your best bet is to go for a gas-powered mower as the number one reason is that they are designed for large space, plus sound may be a huge issue. When I first got an gasoline-powered mower for my office lawn, the cost was not much, which got everyone on the team excited as it was within the budget, but the operating costs were higher than I expected. With a new one, cordless electric mower (Greenworks Pro), the operating and maintenance costs were affordable. Have also written reviews on both types, and the performance of both mowers by comparing prices, maintenance and other technical issues. So I suggest you take all of these things, such as initial cost (electric one is more expensive usually) plus operating and maintenance costs, into consideration before making up your mind about a model.