Craftsman chainsaw

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Thank you for trying, I’m going to try cleaning and rebuilding the one I have tomorrow and if it doesn’t work ( which I doubt, not too positive) I’ll try to let you know tomorrow. It’s deer hunting in Wisconsin and I leave tomorrow night for the woods. Gone ten days, no WIFI, just relaxing.

Threads
Ahhh one of my past favorite past times ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Let me know if you get Dat Thirty point Buck LOL.......

Yes I am curious about how the carb rebuild is gonna come out..........

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I’ll be more surprised than you if I get that tirtie point buc, got more than my share of bucks, now do the cooking and get out only when I really want to. Although that might change this year as I spent an hour on that carb this morning. Had it sitting in Gunk carb cleaner last night and put in through the ultrasonic cleaner for fifteen minutes this morning. Sprayed out every orafice with carb cleaner and after letting it dry, reassembled it with new kit. Installed it on the saw and it started up on the fourth pull, but would only run on 3/4 to full throttle. No adjustment would change it. The only thing that made it better was to change both H & L speed needles, with ones I had around. Now I could get it to idle down, but if you let it idle for 15 seconds it would over load and quit. Would restart and run fine until you let it idle. Called the customer and when he came in and I explained how it ran, he said no problem, he could use it that way. We agreed we would both see if we could still try to find a different carb. Thanks to all who replied trying to help. Leave for the woods tonight or tomorrow morning, be back in 10 days. Rivets.

Threads
I'll still try to find a match for you .....It seems like another 30 minutes in the US cleaner would might have done the trick...... This is the rare case that the welch plugs have to come out.....Easy to do ....

Plus Tard Mon Ami ~!~!

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Well the tirty point buc is still running, but when talking to the landowner about things over a drink, he told me about a guy down the road who used to be in the repair chainsaw business. Tuesday he and I went over to see the guy, boy what a wealth of info. Not only did he have the carb I’ve been looking for, but I walked out of his place with $250+ of stuff for $100 and a case of beer. He’s by himself and told me everything I wanted he would sell if I bought him a case and we would sit and talk for awhile. Four hours later I only got through a quarter of his old inventory. I made three trips to the truck and had a friend for life. Told him the landowner and I would be back after the holiday season with another case and he said the same offer would apply. You should have seen three old farts, sitting at a workbench, talking about the old days. Sorry guys in Wisconsin, this is going to be my honey hole, don’t ask me where it is. Only thing I’ll say, it’s south of Lake Superior, east of the Mississippi, and west of Lake Michigan. Great hunting season, best I’ve had in years.

Threads
Wow you fell into a real great pile of roses right there for sure.............

I fellow I used to drink beer with a few years back passed away and owned a repair shop..... His dad will not let loose of nothing though.... He wants the stuff to remember him by...... A bunch of inventory in that place also ~!~!

Plus Tard Mon Ami ~!~!

Threads
Rivets you might have something I need... 2 carb bolts from a Craftsman or Poulan saw... 530015970

let me know Mon Ami ~!~!

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I’ll try to remember to check tomorrow. Not a Poulan or husqvarna dealer, but may have them in AYP. Are they approximately 6mm X 35mm?

Threads
Not sure about the measurements..... all I have is the numbers for them.... Oregon don't carry them nor does Pro Parts direct.......

I just remembered I have a Craftsman saw that I got earlier this year that is SOMEWHERE in my shop..... Might have the same carb bolts on it....

Let me know if you find something .... Merci ~!~!

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I think I’ve got some, watch for a PM.