CUB CADET LT-1050 QUESTION

Threads
I'am new & have a few questions & thank you for any help.

I bought a used cub cadet lt-1050 on craigslist it is a 2006 with 118 hr's on it. Runs great & has a 23 kohler on it. I read about all the horror stories about these things slinging belts But the orig owner only lost I belt in 12 years & it still has the orig drive belt on it. He replaced the deck belt once. I'am going to replace it with a new belts it states to use a 1/2 by 78 for the drive belt. My question is can I use a 5/8 by 78 inch belt for the drive for a little more strength in the belt. I saw a video were a guy used a 5/8 belt on his and he said it was great. I have checked all the pullies & all is ok. Thanks for any help.

Dean

MowLife

Threads
I’m thinking it will run more towards the outer side of the pulleys and not work correctly. The belt would have to be longer to compensate.

John Fitzgerald

Threads
I would buy a new drive belt to factory specs, and leave the old one on until it fails.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I have found that trying to use non JD belts only creates problems. For some reason I have found that trying to substitute other belts only gets me in trouble as they don’t last very long and in 2 cases I think they may have taken out the idler pulleys, one time drive and one time deck.

Threads
I'am new & have a few questions & thank you for any help.

I bought a used cub cadet lt-1050 on craigslist it is a 2006 with 118 hr's on it. Runs great & has a 23 kohler on it. I read about all the horror stories about these things slinging belts But the orig owner only lost I belt in 12 years & it still has the orig drive belt on it. He replaced the deck belt once. I'am going to replace it with a new belts it states to use a 1/2 by 78 for the drive belt. My question is can I use a 5/8 by 78 inch belt for the drive for a little more strength in the belt. I saw a video were a guy used a 5/8 belt on his and he said it was great. I have checked all the pullies & all is ok. Thanks for any help.

Dean

No only go with the OEM Belts...... As in the John Deere belts have special bevel on their belts and a aftermarket belt same size and all that great Bull Butter on the websites say it will not work for long ...... I know from experience first hand because a customer brought me a JD needing a deck belt that was fried worse than Popeye's fried chicken left in the grease all night long LOL.....

Threads
BTW if the guy in the video said that bigger belt worked is because his pulley's were worn .... When someone says the belt stretched it's because the pulley or pulley's are worn inside of them.... Belts do not stretch they wear skinnier so it seems like they stretch ......

Plus Tard Mon Ami ~!~!

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
And there you have it..... MOST of us are in agreement, use ONLY OEM belts (usually the Co. logo will be stamped on the belt) .. :thumbsup: